Can we stay up? | Vital Football

Can we stay up?

jeffs right

Vital Football Hero
It's still very tight and out of six clubs two are likely to beat the drop. Can we be one? I am hoping this takeover can get official approval shortly and then I reckon this will give the players the boost to push on to safety.
Some of these loan players will be looking for clubs and should burst a gut for a contract. It's in our hands. Fifth or sixth from bottom is where we need to finish and will.

It's still very tight and out of six clubs two are likely to beat the drop. Can we be one? I am hoping this takeover can get official approval shortly and then I reckon this will give the players the boost to push on to safety.
Some of these loan players will be looking for clubs and should burst a gut for a contract. It's in our hands. Fifth or sixth from bottom is where we need to finish and will.

Possibly some help for LR in the coaching squad and the offer of a bonus to the players if they get us out of it might help.

It's a NO from me JR, lost far too many 6 pointer games, very poor with shots on target most games & still suspect at the back. Would love to be proved wrong but imo we're not going to improve enough to avoid the drop....☹

There are a few games between now and May 7th that involve the bottom 7 playing each other, including our last game at home to Swindon, plenty of twists & turns yet.

One thing is for sure is that right now none of the teams around the top look really good apart from Hull, you can argue we could and should have got something out of the games we did play. And that includes Ipswich, people will say it's a point, but there was still 2 points there for the taking, it was only us who seemed to go for it in the second half.

Honestly, this league is nothing special, players need to show no fear, and just go for it for the remaining games because right now I'll take a last day anxiety attack Vs swindon at best!

Wooton now gone for the season - the only kind of luck we have is bad

Injuries have been crippling this season and you never want to see players out, but if we had to sustain another I'd say CB is the one area we have enough cover at the moment.

Possibly some help for LR in the coaching squad and the offer of a bonus to the players if they get us out of it might help.

So the banners didnt work after all?
Should we start a fundraiser to pay the players a staying up bonus?

We had the chance to bring in a couple of coaches but instead flooded the squad with injury prone journeymen.

You reap what you sow.

Just need to focus on the next game, they're all winnable with each team posing different threats. But they all have weaknesses aswell.

Gillingham on wednesday i think will be tougher than today with the two battering rams up top, we usually struggle with crosses into the box and thats their main strength.

Just need to have a go like today, rather then be overly defensive like against stanley. They we're there for the taking and we made it easy for them.

Given what this club has been through its a small miracle we’re still in the fight. Testament to the players but more so to LR & GR for keeping us competitive. Injuries are hurting us though, week after week there’s another blow. I doubt we’ll stay up, but we have a future and a fresh start so there’s nothing to be downbeat about if we do drop.

If it cements Johnston's place in the side, then maybe it's not a bad thing.
👍
I like Johnston. He has composure on the ball. You can tell he was well schooled coming through the youth ranks at Liverpool. IF we stay up I’d be looking to sign him up ASAP as I think he said on the podcast last week he is a free agent in the summer. Most of the players we have brought in will have to go by he is one we need to keep (if we can of course!)

Is it feasible that the new owners have a couple of free agents lined up to come in as soon as they have the keys?
Just a thought

Wonder if any of these new lot was here today

I hope they was at Accy last week to witness the rebuilding that needs to be
done regardless whether it's L1 or L2, we will see the intention of the new owners
with the clear-out and recruitment needed to make us a force to be reckoned with.

The Club needs a fresh new approach from top to bottom and hit the ground
running and more importantly bring the good times back by winning on a regular
basis, no matter what league you are in it lifts the spirits of the fans being in the
top half of the league instead of the relegation zone for most of the season.

No chance staying up
But no fault of the club or players we have its down to what happened over last nine month
These players we have are here to keep the club playing league football

No disrespect but the worst players i have ever seen to wear a latics shirt
And are players no other clubs would touch with a barge pole
Keane and dodoo strikers feck me better off in 80s during miners strike than playing for a football club
But i am looking for a fresh start in league 2 and a new beginning

So the banners didnt work after all?
Should we start a fundraiser to pay the players a staying up bonus?

We had the chance to bring in a couple of coaches but instead flooded the squad with injury prone journeymen.

You reap what you sow.
And released youngsters in the process.