Can we cope on three fronts? | Vital Football

Can we cope on three fronts?

dedmans

Vital Reserves Team
We are now up and running with players missed back and a squad of players now getting their 'mojo' on the pitch.
We want promotion and we can I feel on the night, beat the Arsenal. But the EFL Cup? Do we want the extra effort for that now?
I think not. Get the reserves out.

Well I've got to agree there 'dedmans'.. on the EFL, but are you allowed to just get the reserves out. Fair competition and all that stuff.

We could certainly do without the distractions now though, because as you say players getting their 'mojo' working certainly seems to be happening. Away form which has been our achilles heal, seems to have turned a corner (don't want to speak to soon) and I am mightily pleased with the result against Lincoln last night. A fantastic result in my opinion.

Saturday's game against Sunderland is going to be a six pointer as far as I'm concerned, and we owe them some punishment. Oh how I'd love to be at the park roaring on the Blues instead of languishing deep in rural France.. ha ha.. :grinning:

However, I'm looking at that L1 table and savouring entry into that top six, with two games in hand too. I do believe I'm getting rather excited.. PUP-PPU.. :clap::thumbup:

I'm looking forward to another Wembley trip personally. I'd like us to do the double, another win at Wembley would do wonders for the team. We only really lost out last year to some bad results after we lost Ben Thompson, so being in the position we are now, with only 6 points separating us from the top, I'm pretty optimistic, especially if we beat Sunderland on Saturday.

The big one Lemmy! re. Sunderland. Yes you are right. A trip to Wembley again would be special yet remember the ridicule of some when our neighbours won the Milk cup. In reality it means nothing.
Good to speak to you.

I'm looking forward to another Wembley trip personally. I'd like us to do the double, another win at Wembley would do wonders for the team. We only really lost out last year to some bad results after we lost Ben Thompson, so being in the position we are now, with only 6 points separating us from the top, I'm pretty optimistic, especially if we beat Sunderland on Saturday.

Great to hear from you Lemmi.. and great to taste your optimism too mate.. even though my last post is at odds with your thoughts. Obviously there's nothing I'd like more than Pompey to be flying high in all directions, but I suppose over the years I've got more cautious with my expectations, and Pompey being Pompey. Getting old I suppose, or should that be wise.. ha ha.. :whist:

I am quietly optimistic though too, with it looking like the team's gelling, and the competition for an automatic promotion spot wide open, what's not to be optimistic about. I'm certainly open to being taken by surprise by a Wembley shot too.

Lets just give Sunderland a good thumping on Saturday, and although I'm in France at the moment, you can count on me toasting the lads with a nice glass of red.. :thumbup: PUP-PPU

Sunderland well beaten, unfortunately the only 2 games we lost were close rivals. I think this team is now playing as a team, and we have many options. Looking forward to Andy Cannon back in the team as I think he gives us that little bit extra, he should have been MOTM on several occasions but the idiots who decide this keep ignoring him, especially when they made Kenny MOTM!

Cannon without doubt has been a big loss. I really hope we see him again soon. He's a danger man within himself. I'm glad you think we are playing as a team because I'm wavering somewhat after Fleetwood. Ok, the playing conditions were pretty difficult with that big wind, but I thought the team were out of ideas. Then again, I'm picking up on a text commentary from France, and then studying highlights, so my views could be off the mark..

Last edited:
We all will find out at about 9.40.
For you Corny that is I suppose is 10.40!
Will the train be back on the rails. Hope so.