Can I ask a question please ? | Vital Football

Can I ask a question please ?

ImpfromWashy

Vital Squad Member
This might prove unpopular with some but can someone explain how Lincoln Vitals works ?
Does the forum need to have a certain amount of threads and views per month to survive ?
I don’t post very often but I do visit the site every day and view threads that interest me but just lately (lockdown) there appears to be a lot of pressure on those that run the site to encourage us (seems a little compulsory at times) to post and view more.
Don‘t get me wrong I realise how much work goes into running the site and appreciate all their efforts but just wondered what is required for the site to be viable.

Jules will be able to clarify, but Jules gets the money from this site to buy all the player sponsorships.

A big income is probably from match day threads and associated natter.

so with no matches reduces income for Lincoln vitals and therefore the club.

This might prove unpopular with some but can someone explain how Lincoln Vitals works ?
Does the forum need to have a certain amount of threads and views per month to survive ?
I don’t post very often but I do visit the site every day and view threads that interest me but just lately (lockdown) there appears to be a lot of pressure on those that run the site to encourage us (seems a little compulsory at times) to post and view more.
Don‘t get me wrong I realise how much work goes into running the site and appreciate all their efforts but just wondered what is required for the site to be viable.

In November 2011 when I took over the site I would say it was on its knees. It certainly wasn't in a very good place, with legal costs due to issues I won't go into.

I spent a huge amount of time on the website during the Conference years just to try and keep it going and as a result, attended all of the home matches but not many of the away matches because it was just so quiet on here.

We got to the point where it wasn't quiet on here during away days, so I was able to take a bit more of a back seat and attend more matches.

The site has continued to grow each year and this will be the first when there isn't growth, but the current situation is the reason for that.

This site has been a huge part of my life since November 2011 and has had an incredibly positive impact on my mental health, despite the challenges I have had to face during my time involved.

There is no requirement as such with regards to posts and page views and there is no pressure from Vital HQ, but the reason I am trying to encourage people to help keep things going is because of how much this website means to me personally.

The truth is, I could have kept every penny I have made from this website and had a house of my own by now, but I opted to support the Football Club I love via sponsorship and donations (we're closing in on £20,000.00), as well as just over £2,000.00 being donated to several charities since November 2011.

The only way to keep Vital Lincoln City and the Vital Football Network alive is by coming online, posting and clicking. I'm certainly not going to throw the towel in after putting such time and effort in to keep it going in the first place.

Hopefully, I have covered all with this post.

Great work Jules.
I am sure I speak for the majority of us, (because there are always some grumpy buggers) you do a wonderful job and we all appreciate what you do for the fans by help keeping us in the loop with things and also for the help it gives our club.

Last edited:
In November 2011 when I took over the site I would say it was on its knees. It certainly wasn't in a very good place, with legal costs due to issues I won't go into.

I spent a huge amount of time on the website during the Conference years just to try and keep it going and as a result, attended all of the home matches but not many of the away matches because it was just so quiet on here.

We got to the point where it wasn't quiet on here during away days, so I was able to take a bit more of a back seat and attend more matches.

The site has continued to grow each year and this will be the first when there isn't growth, but the current situation is the reason for that.

This site has been a huge part of my life since November 2011 and has had an incredibly positive impact on my mental health, despite the challenges I have had to face during my time involved.

There is no requirement as such with regards to posts and page views and there is no pressure from Vital HQ, but the reason I am trying to encourage people to help keep things going is because of how much this website means to me personally.

The truth is, I could have kept every penny I have made from this website and had a house of my own by now, but I opted to support the Football Club I love via sponsorship and donations (we're closing in on £20,000.00), as well as just over £2,000.00 being donated to several charities since November 2011.

The only way to keep Vital Lincoln City and the Vital Football Network alive is by coming online, posting and clicking. I'm certainly not going to throw the towel in after putting such time and effort in to keep it going in the first place.

Hopefully, I have covered all with this post.

Thanks for your response Jules which answers the question I asked in paragraph 6.

Great work Jules.
I am sure I speak for the majority of us, (because there are always some grumpy buggers) you do a wonderful job and all appreciate what you do for us fans by help keeping us in the loop with things and also for the help it gives our club.

Yep
*grumps off, muttering*

Agree with all the above. Your work is very much appreciated Jules, and I'm sure we are all doing our best to keep the site active during this 'close season +'

I have to say that as a non social media user the site is invaluable, usually very interesting with diverse threads and characters, and is on the whole a well informed and intelligent forum (at least for a football message board!)

Thanks Jules and everyone who posts on here or clicks links, for making the forum so enjoyable and I would hope successful.
Even without a ball being kicked in anger it's very entertaining (Notty) and informative (Sincil). In fact why would anyone go elsewhere to be entertained or edumacated?
I've just started a week's holiday, hurray! I'm bloody ready for it as well. Some serious surfing to be done this coming week.
Have nice weekend. Riiiiik.

A well thought-out response Jules. Nice one. I'm sure I can speak for Luke too here that we are 100% committed to the cause as your two Alert Team Members.

Thanks Jules and everyone who posts on here or clicks links, for making the forum so enjoyable and I would hope successful.
Even without a ball being kicked in anger it's very entertaining (Notty) and informative (Sincil). In fact why would anyone go elsewhere to be entertained or edumacated?
I've just started a week's holiday, hurray! I'm bloody ready for it as well. Some serious surfing to be done this coming week.
Have nice weekend. Riiiiik.

Watch out for those rips dude :grinning:

Haha. Not as choppy on this site as some I've been on.
:off: I used to like the Silver Surfer comics as a kid, now I'm turning the same colour. Hair that is,
not skin.
Don’t worry about grey hair Riiiiik. I’ll be pleased if mine stays long enough to go grey. Hope you have a good week off mate.

A well thought-out response Jules. Nice one. I'm sure I can speak for Luke too here that we are 100% committed to the cause as your two Alert Team Members.
x2.

Not much, if any, modding to do and Jules keeps thing ticking over. I can't say I contribute too much nowadays with articles or anything like that, just keep an eye on the forum.