Can Byram play | Vital Football

Can Byram play

He did it a couple of times in the past. We have a fantastic DM at the club in Godfrey but he is now seem as our main defender.

Apparently DF has been quoted as saying, "Any decent player is worth 10m". So we do have a reasonably expensive squad, some of which were a steal. (Sam Byram 750k)

Yeah we said we will not sign anyone now and is very happy with the squad as every position is filled.

I think he is wrong as we still need a defensive midfielder and this will be more apparent when we get an injury.

In that interview it made me sad that he said we can't compete with teams like Sheffield United and villa. Surely if we stay up we will have money to spend. Can't we really expect to stay in prem spending 750k on a player and just over 2 million overall

All the hard work getting to the promised could well be undone by lack of investment, i think its the wrong gamble, you surely have to spend at least 10-20m!? Thats not putting us in future trouble again. Its a proven fact i saw recently that more that invest tend to survive than teams that hardly spend.
I agree and love our philosophy so far but the current squad (as good as we hope it is) is simply not deep enough for the rigours of top flight football. I hope im proved wrong, but i thinks its a bit arrogant to just presume from the management we will be good enough, but as i say im praying im wrong, just my humble opinion!

Anyone else think we're saving up for a new stand? If we stay up then great. If we don't everyone has a relegation wage drop with all the new contracts. New stand can be built with less away attendances in the championship. Personally this would be the wrong strategy. Better to improve from a position of strength than back in the lottery off the championship.