Can anyone recommend a good but affordable tablet | Vital Football

Can anyone recommend a good but affordable tablet

holtelower

Vital Football Hero
I am looking to getting my son and daughter a tablet for Xmas, but cannot afford the IPads of this world.

Probably looking around 200 quid mark.

They will use them for net / games / music / films / skype and social networking mostly.

Can someone point me in the right direction, coz I can't work out what the hell the difference is with them all.

Thanks

Im no expert dude on these tablets but found a cheaper ipad at Currys that does all you want for them here is the link and its Samsung 7'' £119 at Curry's

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7-tablet-8-gb-14272574-pdt.html?gclid=CMvb4dm7uroCFWfLtAod-ScAsw&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!30417337044!!!g!60594830875!&ef_id=UNMcaQAAWX7GqSjR:20131028212455:s

I'm not a fan of tablets/ iphones, they are just like big smart phones without the practicality of either being small or being a proper laptop/ computer.

I like my iphone 4s tbh David, granted they are just gadgets rather than proper pc's but i like them to pizz about on lol

holte dude been checking ebay, type in tablet androids and you will see they are going brand new for £50 dude and you can have different colours

ClivetheVillan - 28/10/2013 22:28

Im no expert dude on these tablets but found a cheaper ipad at Currys that does all you want for them here is the link and its Samsung 7'' £119 at Curry's

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7-tablet-8-gb-14272574-pdt.html?gclid=CMvb4dm7uroCFWfLtAod-ScAsw&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!30417337044!!!g!60594830875!&ef_id=UNMcaQAAWX7GqSjR:20131028212455:s

That's not an iPad Clive, that's an Android tablet. It's a reasonable piece of kit though and really good value for money.

Beware of unknown brands though, they are usually poor quality as we have found to our cost. Buy a known make like Asus, Acer or Samsung and you won't go far wrong.

Cheers dude i tried :3: But looks good tbh don't it, they are going for £50 on ebay aswell not bad at all tbh :69:

This one is a bargain

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-7-BLUE-DUAL-CAM-MULTI-TOUCH-SCREEN-GOOGLE-ANDROID-WIFI-TABLET-FREE-GIFTS-/221257438828?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item3383f8966c

ClivetheVillan - 28/10/2013 21:43

I like my iphone 4s tbh David, granted they are just gadgets rather than proper pc's but i like them to pizz about on lol

I like iphones! I don't like ipads because i don't see them as being any more useful than the iphone (for internet, games, communication) which is 1/10th the size. If you get an ipad you will also need a phone and a normal PC/laptop anyway so I consider them a completely pointless product.

Villan Of The North - 28/10/2013 21:45

Beware of unknown brands though, they are usually poor quality as we have found to our cost. Buy a known make like Asus, Acer or Samsung and you won't go far wrong.

My laptop is made by Advent. I think its the "own brand" of PC world. Never heard of it before but its crap, falling apart (although it has been dropped a couple of times!) and very slow. My advice would definitely pay the extra £20+ for a well known brand.

holtelower - 28/10/2013 21:08

I am looking to getting my son and daughter a tablet for Xmas, but cannot afford the IPads of this world.

Probably looking around 200 quid mark.

They will use them for net / games / music / films / skype and social networking mostly.

Can someone point me in the right direction, coz I can't work out what the hell the difference is with them all.

Thanks

Easy one - the Nexus 7. It's the top of the range Android tablet. It is powerful, has a great screen and gets the updates before any other machine.

For £199 it's a bargain.

ClivetheVillan - 28/10/2013 22:49

This one is a bargain

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-7-BLUE-DUAL-CAM-MULTI-TOUCH-SCREEN-GOOGLE-ANDROID-WIFI-TABLET-FREE-GIFTS-/221257438828?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item3383f8966c

I wouldn't touch it.

Villan Of The North - 28/10/2013 22:02

ClivetheVillan - 28/10/2013 22:49

This one is a bargain

I wouldn't touch it.
Listen to the man VOTN holte on this :78:

david-avfc - 28/10/2013 22:30

as a general rule of thumb, I would do the opposite of whatever what clive says :89:

:19: Good god im getting known better on here than my own mom , weird :19:

You mean one of these i found on ebay for £119 free 60 day warranty and free postage, is that cheap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Google-Nexus-7-ME370T-Tablet-Grade-A-32GB-WiFi-Black-Android-OS-/360685446833?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item53fa8726b1

My eldest has asked us for a gun this Christmas: I kid you not. Don't worry. It's for Air Soft, which is basically grown men playing armies and this is the latest version of. The stuff costs a packet too. He is only 28 poor lamb. LOL.

My 2nd lad wants these new headphones that cost a £100.. Bank of Mom & Dad time again. Must check the ATM

Wow that air soft sounds like a revamped paintballing, and as for headphones costing £100 OMG im getting old i swear lol

Been shopping and getting the kids toys in for crimbo since about August, nearly fully done no, and can sit back and watch folk panic around december time whilst having a cuppa coffee at the superstore lol

ClivetheVillan - 28/10/2013 23:07

Wow that air soft sounds like a revamped paintballing, and as for headphones costing £100 OMG im getting old i swear lol

Been shopping and getting the kids toys in for crimbo since about August, nearly fully done no, and can sit back and watch folk panic around december time whilst having a cuppa coffee at the superstore lol

LOL Clive. It'a alot posher than paintball. My lads were all in The ACF (Army Cadets) so they got to handle guns and play armies young. No bad hobby. It helped him get the job he is in as it showed him as a team player, also.

Yeah £100 for headphones Clive: Believe it or not that's an average price for the more expensive 1's. He was looking at others at £150. He got the look of 'no way' your taking the p*ss

If you read my other posts on you will see I do alot of competitions as my hobby. I have seen headphones worth £1000's. Ridiculous unless your in the music business. People buy them who aren't..