Cameron Carter-Vickers | Vital Football

Cameron Carter-Vickers

eye_nose_hat

Vital Squad Member
Anyone see his error for their third goal tonight? Shocker. Felt he had a poor game in general and then he does that towards the end, an awful mistake and I don't think he's all that to be honest. Hates making a forward pass and plays safe, not the quickest and positionally found wanting. Not up to the standard and I can't see how he stays on at Spurs.

I’ve got Sky on NowTV but no red button.
Tried SwansTV but wouldn work my Smart TV.
Had an internet stream though, but it kept going on and off, Saw all the goals though, and all individual errors against a team that had forgotten how to win at home.

What was surprising is how we didn’t score with all those chances. Their goalkeeper made a string of fine saves and could do nothing wrong on the night.
Defensively we were poor. We knew West Brom were good on set pieces, that’s how they beat us in the reverse fixture. Both our goalkeepers are weak on crosses and don’t command their area, even though they are tall, Nordfelt at 6’3” and Mulder at 6’4”. Maybe it’s time to give 20 year old Steven Benda a chance. At almost 6’4” tall he certainly has the height to get to the high balls. He’s been here 18 months since his transfer from 1860 Munich, after being recommended by our ex-goalie Gerhard Tremmel.

Last edited:
C-V certainly made a mess of the clearance for that third goal.
We haven’t done so well in defence since Rodon’s injury, remember we were up there with Boro having the least goals against earlier in the season.
Who is the better player, C-V or Rodon?
Rodon at 6’4” is 3” taller than C-V and probably better in the air.
C-V has more experience of Championship football having played for Sheff Utd and Ipswich there last season.
Rodon had only 10 Championship games under his belt before being injured, but had been on loan at Cheltenham and captained the successful U23’s last season.

Last edited:
I'd prefer to see Rodon alongside Van Der Hoorn. He's our own player for one and a better player in my opinion, more suited to our style at least. Carter-Vickers seems reluctant to play a forward, line-breaking pass whereas Rodon will make them and make forward runs into the opposition's half.