Cambridge United (a): What 3 Things Did We Learn? | Vital Football

Cambridge United (a): What 3 Things Did We Learn?

I didn't see the game, so can't really comment. I tend to offer up my wisdom (such as it is) only when I've actually seent he game in full.

1 A football season is a long time. Not long ago, due to his exceptional performances, many were fearing that Bruno Andrade would be in such demand come the transfer window, that it might be impossible to keep him. At Cambridge following a spell out injured, Andrade looked a shadow of that player. Although he will return.

2 A month is a long time in football. A month ago a vocal minority were questioning John Akinde’s goal scoring ability.At Cambridge we discovered he just can’t stop scoring in December. A month ago Harry Anderson was believed to be devoid of attacking threat. At Cambridge he was the personification of attacking threat.

3 A week is a long time in football. A week ago or less, people were questioning whether our squad was too thin, yet at Cambridge we discovered our reserve goal keeper can make match deciding saves and Matt Rhead can still set up match winning goals.