Callum Morton | Vital Football

Callum Morton

Norfolk Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
MA sounded quite concerned that Morton may be out for a period of time (waiting on the scans) which is a massive blow when games are coming thick and fast.

It definitely leaves us light up front, and its probably a pity that John-Justin has been snapped up by Donny already .... but I trust the gap will be plugged, although I'm no idea by whom? I've seen murmurings of Hiwula or how about Omar Bogle ... now that would go down well in the seaside town that they forgot to close down.

* apologies for the misspelling of his forename :slap:

Last edited:
You can forget about both of those players.

Clive has said repeatedly we’re not interested.

If we sign anyone it’ll be a youngster on loan I’d expect.

MA sounded quite concerned that Morton may be out for a period of time (waiting on the scans) which is a massive blow when games are coming thick and fast.

It definitely leaves us light up front, and its probably a pity that John-Justin has been snapped up by Donny already .... but I trust the gap will be plugged, although I'm no idea by whom? I've seen murmurings of Hiwula or how about Omar Bogle ... now that would go down well in the seaside town that they forgot to close down.

Thanks for the mental image of Moz staring forlornly out of Steele’s Corner House onto a windswept Pier Gardens. Mind you given some of his ‘views’ these days he’d be welcomed with open arms round there.

You can forget about both of those players.

Clive has said repeatedly we’re not interested.

If we sign anyone it’ll be a youngster on loan I’d expect.

Yes, and in the current financial climate probably more so ..... maybe Klopp might loan us one of his young un's?

MA quoted on Lincolnshire Echo as saying it is a shoulder injury (no other details). At least it's not a recurrence of his knee ligament damage.

Perhaps another young loanee to come in yet, as the transfer window is still open. Another option is giving Howarth a chance at CF - we know he has the energy for it.

A serious should injury would suggest a dislocation? If that needs an operation, we'll probably not see him again until the new year.

I was wondering if herr klopp might lend us a player if he was sufficiently impressed last night.
From what I’ve heard is that Klopp’s tactics are now used throughout the whole academy so I would guess any player they would want to loan to a similar style of play.

Whilst I think we do break at the same pace as Liverpool like to sometimes, we don’t look to retain the ball as much as they do and we defend much deeper than Klopp’s all out pressing so they may not be too keen on loaning us a player.

Morton's injury sounds an odd one - potentially a serious shoulder injury, but according to MA, it is not one caused while playing/training.

I thought he got injured during the game Saturday but managed to play on?
May have slipped in the shower and done his shoulder?
Easily done my missus did that, she had a big operation to sort it.

Wasn’t John Justin a clothes shop

If it is a dislocated shoulder and its vulnerable to happening again ( it usually is, ligaments lose tension), rectification can mean a while off.

One of my sons dislocated a shoulder a few times, last one required putting back in place while under general anaesthetic.

Subsequently had an op on each shoulder to "tighten things up", 6 months apart last year, keyhole surgery so no op recovery as such, but 6 weeks off work, 4 weeks in a sling.

For a sportsman this has issues of maintaining fitness before physio can start and full training resume. Full contact too soon will be a consideration.Treatment and rehab will no doubt be different, but if Callum's injury is similar, my feeling is he wont be match fit until the new year.

Let's hope the scan is good news!

Dislocated shoulder? Step forward Lee Beevers, his shoulder was perma-dislocated.
Had the pleasure of meeting Lee this afternoon - what a lovely man! He had just finished playing cricket for Hartsholme at Winthorpe CC and I was walking a dog round the pitch. He knew the Lincoln result! He said his knee was much better now - I had forgotten that awful fall he had to dislocate his shoulder- he really had some painful experiences on a football pitch didn’t he?

Had the pleasure of meeting Lee this afternoon - what a lovely man! He had just finished playing cricket for Hartsholme at Winthorpe CC and I was walking a dog round the pitch. He knew the Lincoln result! He said his knee was much better now - I had forgotten that awful fall he had to dislocate his shoulder- he really had some painful experiences on a football pitch didn’t he?

winthorpe that made me smile I played for them 20 years ago. Nice bunch of people.