Callum Lang | Page 2 | Vital Football

Callum Lang

Just wandering how fans rate Calllum I don't think I've ever seen him play so not sure what to expect. Is he on par with Will Keane ? Or is he a big improvement on what we have at present be interested to know anyones views.

Just wandering how fans rate Calllum I don't think I've ever seen him play so not sure what to expect. Is he on par with Will Keane ? Or is he a big improvement on what we have at present be interested to know anyones views.

Comments from the Motherwell forum below, I must say, being a long time reader of this site I do take fans opinions of players with a pinch of salt :ROFLMAO:.
For me, give the lad a chance and the time to settle in and don't put too many expectations on his shoulders.

Lang squandered everything that came his way, could have had a hatrick and cant believe he didnt slip polwarth in, before missing the target entirely.

we were wasteful in the extreme, particularly Lang and Polworth, with decision making in the final third being absolutely ridiculous at times.

Lang single-handedly kept Dundee utd in that game, Wigan having a laugh if they rate him at £300k

It scares me that Lang is gone after next week

only change I would make is Cole for Lang

Cole for Lang definitely, Lang was being hailed at start of season but just my opinion but I have not been impressed but still better than White and Long .

brief comment about Lang. I do like him but today I got the distinct impression that he was regularly looking for an out of this world finish as a going away pressie to the club

It’s just a shame that we’re about to lose Lang who despite fluffing a few opportunities today, has the potential to be really effective in a front two

It’s fitting that Lang might leave halfway through the season considering he can’t finish a game. All I ask is his replacement has a first touch

Watt and Lang do move, but there isn't anyone looking to make a telling pass.

Watt and Lang put in great shifts

Mugabi isn't good enough Grimshaw isn't good enough Maguire is far from good enough Long and Lang can share a taxi back to England as they are both pish

He isn't the worst on the pitch but who valued Lang at £300k!!

I think Lang has been decent

To be fair I think Lang can be excluded as he was OK today

Only Lang has been any decent of the forward players

I though Lang had a good game and is continually improving

I think Lang did ok and showed promise during his spell at Oldham .....Shrewsbury less so .....Motherwell, even less so it would appear.

If he comes back, he'll have a benchmark set for him in terms of work-rate by Joseph.

The lad's at a crossroads. It's up to him.

TBH there were many on here who questioned him being sent out on loan at the start of the season, for me it was a sensible decision at the time and still was.

I hope the lad comes back and makes me eat my words but from the games I have seen him play Joseph is the better of the two.

His best spell was at Oldham were he was predominately used as a winger, cutting inside to score quite a few goals and was well liked by the alternative "latics" fans, however his spell at Shrewsbury was a different affair and was plagued by injury, Shrews fans have an indifferent opinion of him. A further loan spell was necessary to assess his potential and Motherwell looked to be a good fit, however as the comments posted by Arthur show he failed to win over the fans up there.

If anyone is thinking that Lang will come home and save the season, think again. I fear he will struggle to get in the side if we manage to retain Keane and Joseph and that all he will get are sub appearances and the odd start to cover for injury. If however Tottenham pry Joseph away from us he may get the starting berth alongside Keane. Either way I can't see him breaking any pots for us and being savaged by the critical posters on this site as he struggles to find any consistency in his game.

Nevertheless I wish the lad well and as I say hope he makes me eat my words.

TBH there were many on here who questioned him being sent out on loan at the start of the season, for me it was a sensible decision at the time and still was.

I hope the lad comes back and makes me eat my words but from the games I have seen him play Joseph is the better of the two.

His best spell was at Oldham were he was predominately used as a winger, cutting inside to score quite a few goals and was well liked by the alternative "latics" fans, however his spell at Shrewsbury was a different affair and was plagued by injury, Shrews fans have an indifferent opinion of him. A further loan spell was necessary to assess his potential and Motherwell looked to be a good fit, however as the comments posted by Arthur show he failed to win over the fans up there.

If anyone is thinking that Lang will come home and save the season, think again. I fear he will struggle to get in the side if we manage to retain Keane and Joseph and that all he will get are sub appearances and the odd start to cover for injury. If however Tottenham pry Joseph away from us he may get the starting berth alongside Keane. Either way I can't see him breaking any pots for us and being savaged by the critical posters on this site as he struggles to find any consistency in his game.

If we manage to retain both Keane and Joseph I could still see Lang fitting nicely into one of the wider roles in the 4 2 3 1 formation, either on his natural side getting crosses in or on the other side "cutting in" on goal. The makings of a decent league one forward line up - given time to gel.

Why would Kyle go to Tottenhamm (apart from the money)? We know Jose doesn’t promote or play youth in his first team very often so surely Kyle is better staying put and learning his trade.......let’s hope so. Lets get the takeover sorted tomorrow (hopefully) and then get Moreno to outline his plans and get talking to our young starlets.

Why would Kyle go to Tottenhamm (apart from the money)? We know Jose doesn’t promote or play youth in his first team very often so surely Kyle is better staying put and learning his trade.......let’s hope so. Lets get the takeover sorted tomorrow (hopefully) and then get Moreno to outline his plans and get talking to our young starlets.

Hope I'm wrong but I'll be gobsmacked if the takeover is sorted tomorrow Charlz, so many different parties involved and first proper working day back since Crimbo, I'm highly sceptical that everyone involved will get their shit together on the first day back. Pure speculation on my part but just trying to set your expectations Charlz as you do appear to have a tendency to worry about stuff like this (not a dig).

Didn’t they say before Christmas that everything was now done re Moreno and his legal team, the documents were back with the EFL and all that needed to happen now,basically,was the announcement.
Assuming the EFL are back at work tomorrow,then if what I’ve read is true,I’m hopeful an announcement can be made.

Didn’t they say before Christmas that everything was now done re Moreno and his legal team, the documents were back with the EFL and all that needed to happen now,basically,was the announcement.
Assuming the EFL are back at work tomorrow,then if what I’ve read is true,I’m hopeful an announcement can be made.

Ah Charlz you obv didn't see the EFL's much publicised memo no377 # crimbo period 'working' arrangements.....think it went along the lines of, 'regardless of any football related problems clubs may have over our extended Christmas holiday period please be assured that we will do our utmost to get back to you as soon as possible, given staff holidays, accrued time in lieu, duvet days & sickness we would be grateful if you could bear with us in these troubling times. Rest assured your problems are our problems and we aim to serve you today & in the future just like we have (NOT) done in the past......😉🤔🎪

I saw him play in the youth team a couple of years ago when they played Man City in the FA Youth cup Wigan were very unlucky not to win that one and (ref played over 15 - 20 mins extra
to Wigan’s disadvantage !).
Calum played really well and his potential was clear to see.
He was farmed out on loan after that but I think he will be a fine addition to the squad !

Don't forget the number of games we need to play is more than normal, playing twice a week at least for the rest of the season, so there will be rotation and injuries to take into account. We need more bodies in or we will risk burn out of the younger players pretty soon.

Don't forget the number of games we need to play is more than normal, playing twice a week at least for the rest of the season, so there will be rotation and injuries to take into account. We need more bodies in or we will risk burn out of the younger players pretty soon.

I totally see your point Kenny, but I am also sure that if he doesn't hit the ground running there will be those among us who see that as failure and will make him the new recipient of their anger, a potential Naismith or Jones of late.

As I said, I hope the lad makes me eat my words, something incidentally I would be ecstatic if I had to, but I do fear that the expectation levels are rising amongst the fanbase and I for one am not sure he will meet those expectations.

I totally see your point Kenny, but I am also sure that if he doesn't hit the ground running there will be those among us who see that as failure and will make him the new recipient of their anger, a potential Naismith or Jones of late.

As I said, I hope the lad makes me eat my words, something incidentally I would be ecstatic if I had to, but I do fear that the expectation levels are rising amongst the fanbase and I for one am not sure he will meet those expectations.

You better get out the tasty sauce - it will probably make the words tastier !.