Callum Howe | Vital Football

Callum Howe

Vale have signed two centre halves (as Luke says) and lost one (Tom Anderson, who has now joined Doncaster on loan). Would they really want another one?

How many teams can he play for now? As he has played for Eastleigh this year and been on the bench for us, is he not limited to going back there? Or does he have to actually get on the pitch for us?

gijsbert_bos - 31/1/2018 16:26

How many teams can he play for now? As he has played for Eastleigh this year and been on the bench for us, is he not limited to going back there? Or does he have to actually get on the pitch for us?

I believe he has to play.

Bye Callum, and thanks. You were part of the original revival under Chris Moyses, and we thank you for that.

Good luck Callum Howe and i hope you get plenty of game time.(except when we play you)

Always rated you as a player.............. ........ .Aspin obviously does too.

Despite being here for 2½ years we don't actually know for sure whether he's particularly good do we? One we've held onto thinking he might turn out ok but at 23, he should have made an impression here by now and hasn't.

That probably tells it's own story. If we've got a fee for him, it's good business.

Had far worse CB's, but I can't imagine anyone will be losing any sleep over selling him. I was expecting him to drop down to the NL again.

Luke Imp - 31/1/2018 17:12

Despite being here for 2½ years we don't actually know for sure whether he's particularly good do we? One we've held onto thinking he might turn out ok but at 23, he should have made an impression here by now and hasn't.

That probably tells it's own story. If we've got a fee for him, it's good business.

Had far worse CB's, but I can't imagine anyone will be losing any sleep over selling him. I was expecting him to drop down to the NL again.

I think it was the right move for the player and the right move for the club. Good luck to him.

It’s hard to say really how good he was, but from all the bits i saw he looked pretty competent and miles better than what we had when we were in the league last time (not that that says a lot).

He wasn’t too bad on the ball, seemed to be a bit of an organiser and a fairly strong lad. Where ever he has been on loan they seem to have rated him.

The Cowleys know a lot better than I do and will have seen a lot more of him than I had, perhaps there are some weaknesses in his game less obvious to the untrained eye.

Good luck to him though, hope he has a decent career.

Scotimp - 31/1/2018 16:55

Bye Callum, and thanks. You were part of the original revival under Chris Moyses, and we thank you for that.

Original revival?? Must have missed that one. Seemed very much like Gary Simpson's seasons to me, i.e. promising start followed by an appalling run of form once the clocks had gone back. If memory serves, we were also back to sub 2,000 crowds come the end of Moyses's season as well.

Will (or at least should) always be remembered as the man who brought Matt Rhead to the club though, and give him his due, he did at least try and sign proper triers and good characters. I think DC has said on a few occasions that he was fortunate to have inherited a half-decent dressing-room. At least the squad didn't need a total overhaul like it did when many other managers in the last decade arrived.

Vale have actually signed two more centre halves today, taking their total to four new ones. Aspin obviously doesn't like his existing centre backs.

Lincoln City FC Retweeted

Callum Howe
?

@calhowe
33m33 minutes ago
More
Thanks to everyone at @LincolnCity_FC for the past few years.. a time I'll never forget ????.. all the best for the future ????

6 replies 10 retweets 146 likes
Reply 6 Retweet 10 Like 146 Direct message

Never let us down when he played.
But imagine if we signed a player from the same division who hadn't played in the league all season, and only a handful for his parent club the season before in the league below