Call ups and the Internationals thread.. | Vital Football

Call ups and the Internationals thread..

Spursex

Alert Team
Conte will be pleased to hear that Reggie has been left out for Spain's next two games, not so sure Reggie will.

We could do with a few others being left at home as well so that Conte can take what action(s) he and his staff now need to make happen.

Conte will be pleased to hear that Reggie has been left out for Spain's next two games, not so sure Reggie will.

We could do with a few others being left at home as well so that Conte can take what action(s) he and his staff now need to make happen.
Can't see Romero and Lo Celso be let stay. Argentina have World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Brazil.

The international break will hopefully allow Conte to get a closer look at the younger group. Every 1st team coach needs to get familiar with the next gen.

The international break will hopefully allow Conte to get a closer look at the younger group. Every 1st team coach needs to get familiar with the next gen.

Yep this....because I think Conte is finding out quickly that he will need to get some youth into this team to get us to finish in a decent position this season. Some of our first teamers are simply not good enough.

Honestly I will be VERY interested to see how we handle the next two transfer windows.

I see Bergwijn has missed his chance to impress Conte. Been called up as a last min replacement for an injury in the Dutch squad.

Given how poorly and how limited his play time has been, he is nuts to turn up, chances are he won't even kick a ball with them.

I feel for Conte, he's not going to be able to make the improvement in players and the formation that's needed with so many missing for so long.

Conte needs to get us to hover around mid-table...and stay within reach of top 4...and just wait to get some of his players and influence in.

we're 6 points off top 4 with a relatively easy run coming up with only a couple really tough games on paper before the Jan window opens.

I would imagine Daniels' eyes will light up at the potential CL money if Conte gets us close to being in the mix by the time the window opens and the supposed "no expectations for this season" will go out the window

we're 6 points off top 4 with a relatively easy run coming up with only a couple really tough games on paper before the Jan window opens.

I would imagine Daniels' eyes will light up at the potential CL money if Conte gets us close to being in the mix by the time the window opens and the supposed "no expectations for this season" will go out the window

I'm not sure he'll get excited by the money that much - yes it would be a welcome bonus after the ravages of the pandemic to our finances and the set-back that has caused to our plans, but in terms of cashflow, the 'other' events look like they'll start to really make up for it next year.

I'm not sure he'll get excited by the money that much - yes it would be a welcome bonus after the ravages of the pandemic to our finances and the set-back that has caused to our plans, but in terms of cashflow, the 'other' events look like they'll start to really make up for it next year.

Accepted. However the increase in capital value that is likely to follow through from regular CL participation will be part of his thinking I’m sure. Actually moving into the top 4 even this early on will be a first baby step back towards that goal. This has to have been Uncle Joe and DL’s ultimate target.

Accepted. However the increase in capital value that is likely to follow through from regular CL participation will be part of his thinking I’m sure. Actually moving into the top 4 even this early on will be a first baby step back towards that goal. This has to have been Uncle Joe and DL’s ultimate target.

You know, I discard Uncle Joe as a bad smell in the background, he's not a fan like Levy was/is, for a billionaire he's put the least amount of money into the club compared to other billionaires in the Prem in the last 20 years. Soon enough he'll be pushing up dirt (although I hope for him that's some way off - but he can't carry on forever - I think he's around 85 now?), perhaps then and only then as he releases his vice-like grip of ENIC we can be more adventurous and secure investors who are willing to pay down the debt and free the income up so that more of our money will flow to the bottom line and allow us to really capitalise on our magnificent infrastructure Levy has created.

Levy financial actions have always been within a tight ENIC cage created by it's major shareholder, which originally led me to accuse Levy of being penny wise - pound foolish; I suspect Levy wants a lasting legacy (on the pitch and in the trophy cabinet) and he knows that even for him, the clock is ticking.

Does Conte feel the same Ex...

I wouldn't be surprised if he did; he will have been fully briefed by Paratici of the state of our players form, and the shortcomings that we're enduring.

Conte will and is looking now at what our 'up and coming' prospect might offer, but in no way I suspect will any of them be seen as an answer.

So he'll be looking at financial planning as much as he's looking at players i.e. how do we raise funds above and beyond the set budget allows to get him the players he wants..and in the windows he has to get them.

So, for those reasons and because he'll have so little time with them this season to imprint the squad, I suspect he'll be trying to keep everyone's expectations on a realistic footing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did; he will have been fully briefed by Paratici of the state of our players form, and the shortcomings that we're enduring.

Conte will and is looking now at what our 'up and coming' prospect might offer, but in no way I suspect will any of them be seen as an answer.

So he'll be looking at financial planning as much as he's looking at players i.e. how do we raise funds above and beyond the set budget allows to get him the players he wants..and in the windows he has to get them.

So, for those reasons and because he'll have so little time with them this season to imprint the squad, I suspect he'll be trying to keep everyone's expectations on a realistic footing.

Looking at some the players we have been linked to ex, it would appear that Paratici is looking at players coming to the end of their contracts who we might pick up for peanuts in January or on a free next summer. The likes of Onana, Romagnoli, Kessie have all been mentioned. When you consider what the sales of say; Dele, Ndombele, Winks (poss) and Sanchez might generate, it might not be unrealistic to think Vlahovic might be signed for big money to play alongside Kane rather than instead of?

Looking ahead to next season, add two or three more to that list of incomings and we look like genuine challengers imo.

Looking at some the players we have been linked to ex, it would appear that Paratici is looking at players coming to the end of their contracts who we might pick up for peanuts in January or on a free next summer. The likes of Onana, Romagnoli, Kessie have all been mentioned. When you consider what the sales of say; Dele, Ndombele, Winks (poss) and Sanchez might generate, it might not be unrealistic to think Vlahovic might be signed for big money to play alongside Kane rather than instead of?

Looking ahead to next season, add two or three more to that list of incomings and we look like genuine challengers imo.

Afraid your post reminds me of the cliche response of all managers - 'add two or three' players and we're genuine contenders...!'

But I take your point; key upgrades could make a huge impact.

Afraid your post reminds me of the cliche response of all managers - 'add two or three' players and we're genuine contenders...!'

But I take your point; key upgrades could make a huge impact.

tbf though most of the top 6 are probably only 3 players away from being genuine challengers.

All depends on the 3 players I suppose but…

Van Dijk, Kante and Salah and we’d go pretty close.