Bye bye Ben Nugent | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bye bye Ben Nugent

A little bit of a surprise that it seems Lovell did not want Nugent to stay .The deal was clearly a half hearted one .O'Mara did really well during his loan last season .Playing regularly alongside Callum Davies would have helped him .With Tucker also getting a mention .It could be Lovell would look at it again in the event of problems pre season when the fringe players will be really put to the test .I am really glad that these lads will get the opportunity to prove worthy of that trust .

A little bit of a surprise that it seems Lovell did not want Nugent to stay .The deal was clearly a half hearted one .O'Mara did really well during his loan last season .Playing regularly alongside Callum Davies would have helped him .With Tucker also getting a mention .It could be Lovell would look at it again in the event of problems pre season when the fringe players will be really put to the test .I am really glad that these lads will get the opportunity to prove worthy of that trust .
I liked the look of omara last season in preseason. Clearly lovell sees more of him than we do but I really hope then that lovell has identified he's ready to step up as a serious squad player this year. It would be great to have another player come through.

Agreed O'Mara is one that slipped under the radar a bit as a youth player . But has grabbed the attention a bit while on loan and his brief appearance in the senior side .