Buying away tickets | Vital Football

Buying away tickets

GrotierBranfootLeigh

Vital Squad Member
I’ve just tried to buy 2 tickets for the Tranmere away game. My season ticket code got me into the system fine but it’d only allow me to book one ticket. I appreciate that I only have one season ticket but I’m sure I’m not the only season ticket holder who wants to buy tickets for other people as well. Presumably I’ll now have to wait till Friday to book 2 tickets together. Seems unnecessarily bureaucratic for a match we are unlikely to sell out.

I’ve just tried to buy 2 tickets for the Tranmere away game. My season ticket code got me into the system fine but it’d only allow me to book one ticket. I appreciate that I only have one season ticket but I’m sure I’m not the only season ticket holder who wants to buy tickets for other people as well. Presumably I’ll now have to wait till Friday to book 2 tickets together. Seems unnecessarily bureaucratic for a match we are unlikely to sell out.

It does however I am not going so if you would like a code to use happy to send this across.

To be fair why should a season ticket holder be allowed to buy tickets for a non-season ticket holder just because they're mates or family. You could always wait until the priority period is over and buy them all then.

Season ticket priority period innit? So your one season ticket code gets you access to one ticket.

Still a ballache to go in and book each ticket individually, especially in this case where it’ll be nowhere near a sell-out. It’ll be pay on the day anyway, just rock up.

On this occasion, I agree we wont sell over 2,000 tickets for Tranmere on a Tuesday night. But we have sold out 3 of the 4 away allocations given so far this season therefore, as we are in ST sales only, it is fair.

Ballache but a consistent approach no matter who we are playing- seems right to me

I suppose its only right that if you have 6000 odd season ticket holders you have to give every one a chance to use there priority code first

It does however I am not going so if you would like a code to use happy to send this across.
Thanks for the offer, but as we could potentially have 2000 tickets available and won’t need anywhere near that I think I’ll be OK to leave it till general sale on Friday. I appreciate the offer though.

I suppose its only right that if you have 6000 odd season ticket holders you have to give every one a chance to use there priority code first

Just don't get it, if games have no chance of selling out.

Why, just because I am a season ticket holder, do I get preference over an Imps fan say from the north west who is not a season ticket holder for the Tranmere game? It is unnecessary and bureaucratic. There is no logical reason why GBL should not be able to buy his two tickets now.

Same applies in many instances, the most obvious probably being Swindon, Yeovil, FGR and MKD. No need for season ticket holder preference in any of these games.

Make it easier for people not harder; and tell fans as early as possible that there will be pay on the day. (which there will be at Cheltenham, Tranmere, Swindon, Yeovil, FGR and MKD to name six).

Last edited:
Just don't get it, if games have no chance of selling out.

Why, just because I am a season ticket holder, do I get preference over an Imps fan say from the north west who is not a season ticket holder for the Tranmere game? It is unnecessary and bureaucratic. There is no logical reason why GBL should not be able to buy his two tickets now.

Same applies in many instances, the most obvious probably being Swindon, Yeovil, FGR and MKD. No need for season ticket holder preference in any of these games.

Make it easier for people not harder; and tell fans as early as possible that there will be pay on the day. (which there will be at Cheltenham, Tranmere, Swindon, Yeovil, FGR and MKD to name six).

Well, giving season ticket holders preference is part of the privileges for the commitment, and forking out a lot of money at the outset of the year. Not many away games will sell out, so there's the slight inconvenience to the rest of us of waiting a few days until they go on general sale. The ones that do sell out - first option was offered to the most committed fans. I see no problem with that at all.

As for single ticket sales, it could be argued they stop any chance of scalping. I don't think there is much of a chance, but it's welcome if it prevents it.

It would be an idea to include a multi-buy option for groups whose members have all given their access codes to the 'leader', but that involves just as much organisation as sticking your the leader's name on your ticket when you buy it yourself.

Isn't there a box for a group leader name at the bottom of the checkout page? Even if people buy a number of separate tickets, whether they be season ticket priority, MyImps membership priority or general sale...... as long as you put the same group leader name in that box on all purchases, you will have your tickets allocated together by the club and should on the day it be allocated seating, you will all be sat together.

That is of course assuming all of our fans abide by the allocated seating rule and don't as has happened in a number of cases last season (and again in isolated instances this season) just sit where they want.

Isn't there a box for a group leader name at the bottom of the checkout page? Even if people buy a number of separate tickets, whether they be season ticket priority, MyImps membership priority or general sale...... as long as you put the same group leader name in that box on all purchases, you will have your tickets allocated together by the club and should on the day it be allocated seating, you will all be sat together.

That is of course assuming all of our fans abide by the allocated seating rule and don't as has happened in a number of cases last season (and again in isolated instances this season) just sit where they want.

The Group leader thing doesn't always work.

Situation as I understand it is that the club receives reports of ticket sales in 24 hour periods.

If everyone buys their tickets in the same 24 hours with a group leader name, I have not yet personally known this to fail.

However, a mate of mine bought his Macc ticket within the season ticket sales period, but two days after the rest of us, using me as group leader. He finished up with a ticket on his own, because the club, having received their initial ticket sales report, had got on with allocating the tickets, and then couldn't undo that allocation because they suddenly found another one to add to the group two days later !

So, for a group to be sure of all sitting together, you all need to buy the same day with the same group leader name. Not sure what the cut-off time is, but I think it is mid-night.

PS, it actually didn't matter for the Macc game because the stewards said it was not allocated seating in the end because the section was not sold out. So we all got to sit together anyway :- )=