Bury | Page 110 | Vital Football

Bury

Well that then leads to the question as to whether the new rules (whenever they get to be applied) will bring a halt to the heavy bankrolling.
And if so, would that put us right back in the mix excluding the big clubs?
(Which was basically what I was trying to say on previous post)
I think under normal circumstances we'd probably be there or thereabouts where you think we should be but promotion bonuses have impacted this seasons budget.

If anyone can access the electronic version of last Sunday's NLP there is an article on Bury which is worth a read (unless you don't want to get angry! In a nutshell:

- the phoenix club are waiting to find out if their application to join the NWCL will be affected by the Coronavirus outbreak
- Dale has made an application for the original club to be admitted to the National League
- if the EFL season is scrapped he will enter a legal battle to get reinstated in League 2
- the phoenix club have 500 paid up members, so if the orig club does continue there could be a dilemma with two clubs in Bury, which is clearly not sustainable

According to today's NLP the phoenix club Bury AFC have been accepted into the NWCL div 1 and will play their home games at Radcliffe's ground. They have advertised for a manager "with a UEFA B coaching qualification and extensive knowledge of the non-league pyramid". Obviously looking to move quickly back up the pyramid - I reckon they'll need 6 promotions to get back into the EFL

According to today's NLP the phoenix club Bury AFC have been accepted into the NWCL div 1 and will play their home games at Radcliffe's ground. They have advertised for a manager "with a UEFA B coaching qualification and extensive knowledge of the non-league pyramid". Obviously looking to move quickly back up the pyramid - I reckon they'll need 6 promotions to get back into the EFL

Good to see the fans have sorted themselves into a viable club they’ll certainly be better managed as a club than the previously

The original club still hasn't officially died yet. Mr Dale still seems to be clinging to some long-term strategy. Heaven knows what it is, but I suspect it has more to do with his personal benefit rather than the club's or the fans'.

The original club still hasn't officially died yet. Mr Dale still seems to be clinging to some long-term strategy. Heaven knows what it is, but I suspect it has more to do with his personal benefit rather than the club's or the fans'.

The EFL will support the relocating of the club to Glasgow and a name change

So Bury FC the original team are still alive and hope to get in the National League where as a new team, Bury AFC has been formed by a group of around 500 supporters of the old Bury FC and will be competing in the NW Counties league.....could be interesting if the original team are accepted into the National League.

They will meet a couple of old opponents then in that league, Darwen and Nelson.
(That's if they ever did meet Darwen or perhaps Darwen had been and gone from FL before Bury first joined) (and before someone says it, yes, like Bury, Darwen are a phoenix club).

Then one promotion up, they'll come across Northwich Victoria, who themselves have gone through much torment with a crooked owner.