Bury | Page 96 | Vital Football

Bury

If Dale wasn't involved I might have some sympathy, but it seems he is more interested in him and his own than in Bury and its fans and I really don't want to see any more bending/breaking/re-writing of rules that would benefit him.

Sell the club by all means. Have new owners in place and a guarantee of funding and let them make an appeal, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for the EFL, the other clubs, or anyone else to enter into talks when the position is still the same one that caused them to be expelled in the first place.

And of course they will be asking for their £600k bond back as part of the package.

I'm sorry, but the whole thing is nuts.

Oh and I am sure the EFL will be quite happy to be sued by team finishing 23rd in League 2 this season for not following through on their own rules. Maybe Mr. Frith can come up with some "lateral thinking" about that one.

Bury, just like any other Club, can start at the lowest practical point in the pyramid system. They can then EARN their way back. This MP is a sad reflection of our current ‘entitlement’ thinking, and worse for the fact that it is likely a popularity stunt for votes too. Where was his voice, and campaigning, while the Club was enjoying success, amassing debts and a back catalogue of dodgy owners?
Absolutely the wrong message to send, to even entertain the idea of being allowed back straight in to League Two.

I like it how they start the timeline at the end of July and not March, when the players weren't getting paid.

. This MP is a sad reflection of our current ‘entitlement’ thinking, and worse for the fact that it is likely a popularity stunt for votes too. Where was his voice, and campaigning, while the Club was enjoying success, amassing debts and a back catalogue of dodgy owners?
Absolutely the wrong message to send, to even entertain the idea of being allowed back straight in to League Two.

All you need to know about him is that he is an MP. It tells you everything you need to know about him- End of!

I say this with an element of caution, but surely even the EFL aren't stupid enough to set a president as stupid as what MP Frith is proposing for Bury.

I say this with an element of caution, but surely even the EFL aren't stupid enough to set a president as stupid as what MP Frith is proposing for Bury.

It would set a precedent for shonky owners: the way to get out of a crappy situation is to engineer a similar crisis and do a Bury - because the EFL will boot their club and then immediately re-admit them.

To allow them to go back into league 2 would be an absolute farce. They cheated their way out of league 2 by buying players they couldn't afford and committing to wages they couldn't afford. To put them back where they came from effectively says to everyone else "why not do the same - nothing to lose"

They've been expelled from the league. Not relegated, not suspended for a year. Expelled. They need to keep the club together, rejoin lower down the pyramid and work their way back up. Any genuine offers of investment will help in this quest

I feel sorry for the fans, but all Steve Dale, their Exec, local MP and every other well wisher are doing is raising false hopes and prolonging the agony

It's over

To allow them to go back into league 2 would be an absolute farce. They cheated their way out of league 2 by buying players they couldn't afford and committing to wages they couldn't afford. To put them back where they came from effectively says to everyone else "why not do the same - nothing to lose"

They've been expelled from the league. Not relegated, not suspended for a year. Expelled. They need to keep the club together, rejoin lower down the pyramid and work their way back up. Any genuine offers of investment will help in this quest

I feel sorry for the fans, but all Steve Dale, their Exec, local MP and every other well wisher are doing is raising false hopes and prolonging the agony

It's over

At the end of the day it's all smoke and mirrors in my opinion. They are just trying to deflect the blame away from the real culprits in this case. The current owner and the previous owner. The trouble is a lot of Bury fans seem to be buying it and are now blaming the EFL.

It's a very clever tactic but most people are so dumb they just lap it up and are deflected away from the real people they should be angry at! Unbelievable how gullible some people truly are!

I don't see anything wrong with that in principle if they can provide guarantees

I see everything wrong with that.
All other clubs who have gone through this since the pyramid came about have had to restart in the lower levels. For Bury that clearly should be the North West Counties League.
Why should they get special treatment that wasn't given to Wimbledon or Newport or Darlington or Hereford or Aldershot or Maidstone etc etc.
And prior to the pyramid, Accrington and Bradford PA fans had to re-establish their clubs and keep them going until the more recent chances came to fight their way back up too. No one has simply been given their League place straight back.
Plus Bury's profligate spending has denied other clubs promotion or cost other clubs relegation. This isn't their first such episode either.
Yes, they had had a pair of ultra dodgy owners, but many clubs have also gone through that too.
How about County getting re-instated for example?
How about we should have been reprieved last time because it wasn't the fans fault that we had a twat of a manager?
All clubs suffer for a whole variety of reasons. Bury are not a special case and should not get ultra privileged treatment.

I feel for the fans losing their club, but after that they can rev up and go away in short sharp sexual jerks. I'm fed up llistening to some tossed up, fucked up never come down MP who didn't get onboard till it was all out in the national domain. Supporters wailing and gnashing of teeth as tho they are expecting some special privilege. Get over it and get on with sorting out a new club.

Last edited:
I agree that this is all to deflect blame from Bury and their odious owner onto the EFL.
Comparisons to other clubs whom have left the league under similar financial circumstances have to take into account that those other clubs ceased to exist and those now operating are essentially new clubs. As I understand it Bury FC have not folded as a club or company yet and whilst they so exist these arguments from them will persist

I see everything wrong with that.
All other clubs who have gone through this since the pyramid came about have had to restart in the lower levels. For Bury that clearly should be the North West Counties League.
Why should they get special treatment that wasn't given to Wimbledon or Newport or Darlington or Hereford or Aldershot or Maidstone etc etc.
And prior to the pyramid, Accrington and Bradford PA fans had to re-establish their clubs and keep them going until the more recent chances came to fight their way back up too. No one has simply been given their League place straight back.
Plus Bury's profligate spending has denied other clubs promotion or cost other clubs relegation. This isn't their first such episode either.
Yes, they had had a pair of ultra dodgy owners, but many clubs have also gone through that too.
How about County getting re-instated for example?
How about we should have been reprieved last time because it wasn't the fans fault that we had a twat of a manager?
All clubs suffer for a whole variety of reasons. Bury are not a special case and should not get ultra privileged treatment.

They haven't actually gone bust Buggielugger - yet. All the other clubs were phoenix clubs (and they start 3 levels down so AFC Bury will be straight into NLN with Boston, Darlington, Chester, Kidderminster, York....)

If they do go belly-up the situation changes again, but right now they've only been expelled from League 1.

Whether it was right for them to have been allowed promotion last season is a separate question, one which I have expressed my own opinion about many times, but they were allowed it and so became a L1 side.

For that reason, if they are made a viable entity by a sale to a new owner, I don't think there's too much wrong with simply demoting them.

Plus I'd like to go to the Mansfield v Bury game next season.

They haven't actually gone bust Buggielugger - yet. All the other clubs were phoenix clubs (and they start 3 levels down so AFC Bury will be straight into NLN with Boston, Darlington, Chester, Kidderminster, York....)

If they do go belly-up the situation changes again, but right now they've only been expelled from League 1.

Whether it was right for them to have been allowed promotion last season is a separate question, one which I have expressed my own opinion about many times, but they were allowed it and so became a L1 side.

For that reason, if they are made a viable entity by a sale to a new owner, I don't think there's too much wrong with simply demoting them.

Plus I'd like to go to the Mansfield v Bury game next season.

I didn't say that had gone bust. I know they haven't.
But they are league-less and rightly so.
And I think NWCL is a perfectly fair placing for them.