Bury | Page 67 | Vital Football

Bury

On Tuesday the bbc Lins cut to a sound bite of him he sounds like he should be incarcerated somewhere safe whee he can’t harm the world and the world can’t harm in

Crassus, the richest man in late-Republican Rome, used to send his fire-men to stand outside burning buildings (which were quite common in the city). He'd offer to put the fire out - but only if the owner sold him the insula at a knock-down price.

Suspicions were aired that the fires were not always entirely accidental.

The Parthians showed Crassus who was boss. Maybe they should run the EFL.

Plymouth weren't good enough to stay in League 1 and Mansfield weren't good enough to get promoted to League 1.
No one should benefit from the awful mess that is Bury FC..

FGR would have been promoted were Bury's results of last season to be expunged.

Another ludicrous day in the history of Buryusnowandgetitoverwith FC.

A ridiculously belligerent interview from Dale on talkSPORT during which the presenters failed to pursue Dale's assertion that Stephen Dawson had received 50% of his wage for two months from the PFA (i.e. what about the other 50% for those two months, and what about the 100% for the other three months that Dale and his club had been legally contracted to pay Dawson and his colleagues?); and during which Dawson claimed to be facing eviction from his house (despite being on an estimated £3000+ per week for several seasons). Great journalism there.

But how about the main event? Dale claimed club secretary Jill Neville (she of the famous, Bury-destroying offspring) would provide evidence that Dawson has been paid 100% of his wages since the CVA was agreed (i.e. pretty much irrelevant, but never mind). The problem with that? Neville is rumoured to have resigned shortly afterwards.

Have you ever watched a spider spinning a web?

Its a farce and something that should never have been allowed to get to this stage and should never again ,Maybe clubs should have to pay all wages into a Efl central fund then Efl pay the wages ,However Clubs are a business and that is something we sometimes forget, And non payment of wages is playing with somebody elses life,

Didn't Dale say wages had been paid for "all months" since the CVA?
Thought it had only just been provisionally agreed? There may actually be no months at all gone by since the CVA meeting.

Its a farce and something that should never have been allowed to get to this stage and should never again ,Maybe clubs should have to pay all wages into a Efl central fund then Efl pay the wages ,However Clubs are a business and that is something we sometimes forget, And non payment of wages is playing with somebody elses life,

As I've mentioned a few times before the rules now in Spain for ensuring clubs have money to meet their obligations are quite severe.

This midweek it was reported in my local paper that the Spanish League would not allow any of my club's new signings (six of them) to be registered unless 3m euros were deposited. This was completed yesterday and as a result four of the six have been allowed to be registered and that means they will have 14 players available to play in the season's opening game tonight.

The rest of the bench will hae to be made up from the U23 side.

Much firmer financial control of clubs is the only way forward for the EFL.

What a joke this had become . I hate to see any club go under. League or non league, but something has to be done .

All this postponing of this hearing and that hearing. The EFL should grow some balls, give the clubs s date and say sort it by then , if not you are gone. End of . No appeals no nothing. Hard on supporters I know but if nothing else it may stop other clubs from ending up in the same situation.

Just saying....

In fairness they have now done this. Bury have until 23rd August to supply relevant info/assurances or their membership of the EFL will be withdrawn.

In fairness they have now done this. Bury have until 23rd August to supply relevant info/assurances or their membership of the EFL will be withdrawn.

True , but how many time has it been put back and back. The first date should be the final date

That was painful. It would be great, and respectful, if people allowed other people to talk calmly instead of talking over them, which just winds people up and get them saying the wrong things. In this case it didn't do any of them any good because nobody was able to get their points across clearly. We therefore have to assume that nobody is telling the whole truth and its just all about panic and emotion. I really feel for the club and its supporters.