Bury | Page 25 | Vital Football

Bury

Just makes you realise what a good Club from top to bottom we have. I was going to say we are 'lucky' with our Chairman, but before Bob handed over to Clive and associates he made sure they were the right people who would not take risks with LCFC . Lots of unsavoury Chairmen and potential Chairmen out there to avoid. You can only have sympathy with the supporters of these Clubs, the players can move on, loyal supporters cannot.
UTI.
Without Dazzler we would have gone under,we were lucky to have him in the hot seat holding the reins, he showed bottle when the going got tough and got his wedge out to help in a dire situation.

Whilst we have never had an ultra wealthy chairman, we have probably been fortunate over many years with the large majority of those owning/running our club.
When you look at so many others, we have done well to avoid the crooked and/or stupid people who keep buying into football clubs.

And maybe no ultra wealthy owners ever is a blessing in disguise too.

Dreadful. Also, "without prejudice" is a term used to suggest some sort of negotiation is possible, and gives no protection when what follows is a massive rant that in no way attempts to settle an existing dispute. A rant that, I might add, is poorly written, badly proofed, laced with unsubstantiated claims and full of bile for easily identified people.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s out there with the fairies, man... Has got no cause to question Adams’ professionalism, if repeatedly fails to pay Adams’ and his staff what they’re owed.

Let me know when the fire.sale starts over there.

Any spare temporary seating going and if there is a spare cantliver stand i know a lad who hires low loaders on the cheap and we can get a price for shifting the deconstructed stand.
oh yeah,if any of their players are looking for paid employment........ the address is ln5 8ld.............ask for Cowley he is the gaffer over there and has got plenty of spare gps vests that need filling before August..............no time wasters!

Just about the only person that the chairman thanks in that very unprofessional ramble is Shaun Harvey! That probably sums up the situation - no further comment required.

Blows my mind that these people who own businesses and then own football clubs can't find one person to proof read their statements...

Just two examples of his poor literacy skills:

"it’s neither the truth or in the best interest of the Club"

..."neither" is normally followed by "nor" and not "or" which is usually preceded by "either."

Also: "May I thank the fellow Chairman’s..." Surely he meant to say "fellow chairmen..." instead?

Very poor article.

Just two examples of his poor literacy skills:

"it’s neither the truth or in the best interest of the Club"

..."neither" is normally followed by "nor" and not "or" which is usually preceded by "either."

Also: "May I thank the fellow Chairman’s..." Surely he meant to say "fellow chairmen..." instead?

Very poor article.

Their there.

Have to feel for Bury. No staff / players / fans deserve what’s happening at that club. Would be good if we could do something in solidarity for them. It’ll inevitably be us one day although hopefully not for a very long time!

Have to feel for Bury. No staff / players / fans deserve what’s happening at that club. Would be good if we could do something in solidarity for them. It’ll inevitably be us one day although hopefully not for a very long time!
We've been there, and taken here of some very harsh lessons, I'd be surprised if we did it again. Possible, but not inevitable.