Bury | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bury

If they don't go up they will be able to point out they were still the best team in League 2, with the best manager and the player of the season. It was just the off field problems that got in the way don't ya know.

The rest of the League will be gutted to see a team emulating the great Brazil sides of the past being in trouble! They are all desperate to see them win the league and not us thugs at Lincoln!

Seriously I do hope they survive I never like to see a club in serious trouble!

Maybe the players and Manager have been asked because of the issue with the lack of money that to get paid they need to be in the play offs to raise some valuable cash flow and maybe hoping that they make it to Wembley!!

Someone needs to start being honest at that club. What is the issue? Is it cash flow? Is it a frozen bank account? Is it the potential impact of the Chris Brass WUP, which is due for hearing next Wednesday (10 April)? Not paying your players or other staff is simply not acceptable, and it must be affecting performances. It isn't the first time this has happened at Bury this season either, although it is the first time since they were taken over in December. Perhaps the wealthy new owner is not quite as wealthy as he seems.

Lincoln Imp could be right - a run through the play-offs could be vital for their survival. They probably have enough points on the board already.

It isn't the first time this has happened at Bury this season either, although it is the first time since they were taken over in December. Perhaps the wealthy new owner is not quite as wealthy as he seems.

I think it's probably more a case of further debts coming out of the woodwork. Like how far down does the rabbit hole go. Could be a very very deep money pit.

I just find all of this quite sad. To risk a whole club for the price of success. It is a cautionary tale for all clubs, who rely on a sugar daddy/mummy to get them places, or indeed clubs who run up a huge debt to do the same.

It is, in the long run, so unsustainable for the majority of the 72, and I expect to see the buckets come out at many a ground.

I feel for the staff, players and supporters of Bury, and it would leave a sour taste in my mouth if we finish higher than them for financial reasons, rather than footballing ability.

I just find all of this quite sad. To risk a whole club for the price of success. It is a cautionary tale for all clubs, who rely on a sugar daddy/mummy to get them places, or indeed clubs who run up a huge debt to do the same.

It is, in the long run, so unsustainable for the majority of the 72, and I expect to see the buckets come out at many a ground.

I feel for the staff, players and supporters of Bury, and it would leave a sour taste in my mouth if we finish higher than them for financial reasons, rather than footballing ability.

Don't worry, it'll be both :clap:

Interesting potential scenario with Wharton. Assuming we get promoted (regardless of what happens to Bury) and, if rumours are true that Shackell is off to the States after this season (which I hope isn't true) possible thst we may try to get Wharton again, either on loan or permanently, especially if Blackburn don't play him. Just thinking out loud ?

I have just been reading some reports on this and wow I didn't realise it was as bad as it was. Some are saying they might not even see the season out

I really hope this isn't the case and something can be pulled out the bag they were founded the year after us in 1885 and what a disaster to see 134 years of history go down the pan. It's the players and staff livelihoods that is getting messed around here and I really feel the fans pain!

Read something earlier the players have agreed to play the rest of the season even they haven't been paid.
So many clubs in a real mess.

Fair play to the players if this is true.
A lot of times professional footballers are characterised as money grabbing mercenaries but this, if true, reminds us all that this is not always the case.
For the Bury's players to carry on working knowing they will not be paid, and all the worries that this brings, is very commendable...the kind of minerals, dare I say, that DC puts so much emphasis upon when signing our players.

Fair play to the players if this is true.
A lot of times professional footballers are characterised as money grabbing mercenaries but this, if true, reminds us all that this is not always the case.
For the Bury's players to carry on working knowing they will not be paid, and all the worries that this brings, is very commendable...the kind of minerals, dare I say, that DC puts so much emphasis upon when signing our players.
presumably forking out for high player wages is part of the reason why bury are in the sh*t financially...