Bury | Page 71 | Vital Football

Bury

I do feel for the ordinary Bury fan, current situation they must be feeling pretty helpless
l did, not any more. Their fans are using terms like our rightful place and with our history, along with them expecting debtors to write off all debt so they can survive. 5 fans at the doors at Bury yesterday 1 chained to a plastic drainpipe another committing criminal damage trying to kick the doors in. I know they are not representative of the average Bury fan, but where were the average Bury fans?

What do we think the odds are of
1/ A last minute saviour agreeing to line the pockets of Dale
2/ The EFL further extending
3/ Bury being buried
1. Someone may come forward with a last-ditch bid, but why would they not have done so before now? In any case, there is not enough time to complete any business deal from scratch; surely we are past the stage at which the EFL could legitimately extend on the basis of a possible deal?
2. Only if negotiations have been under way in secret and are quite advanced. That looks unlikely.
3. The EFL has to stick to its word. Any deviation would demolish any remaining credibility it has.

Dale can still try the ‘bidder that requires confidentiality’ statement, to get a further deadline extension...Holding out for a sale makes him 900k.
Depends whether he makes more than 900k from liquidation...

Dale can still try the ‘bidder that requires confidentiality’ statement, to get a further deadline extension...Holding out for a sale makes him 900k.
Depends whether he makes more than 900k from liquidation...

We will no doubt see that something will be submitted to the League a minute before the deadline, along the lines of negotiations are underway with a buyer and expect to be completed in a few days. EFL then give another fortnight due to being gonadly challenged. New deadline comes along, same process but with a different fictitious buyer. And so on and so on.

Not a chance I suspect he will have very base covered in that department. Certainly appears that he knows exactly what he is doing and what the end game is!

Poor old Bury 135 years of history down the pan. I really feel for the staff it's awful. But the fans that emotional connection and feeling of belonging will be gone and will never be replaced I suspect. Absolutely tragic!
Not strictly true. If assets are trasferred when a company is inevitably going to the wall then this can be fraud and directors of a limited company can be made personally liable. He might have actually paddled himself up shit creek and lost the paddle when he got there by transferring the assets.

Oh no! Another possible 48 hour extension by the EFL!
4 parties interested, those cupboatds soon fly open!
Andy Burnham mayor of Manc pokes his nose in, lookin for votes, sorry, pleading for everybody to pull together!
Jesus H Goddancing Christ!!!!

Last edited:
The EFL have surely got to ask Dale for names and phone numbers so they can at least start the ball rolling to establish if any of the four are credible or a figment of Dales imagination.

The EFL have surely got to ask Dale for names and phone numbers so they can at least start the ball rolling to establish if any of the four are credible or a figment of Dales imagination.
it appears from this article that the prospective buyers have been found by the efl. they seem to be doing dale/bury's work for them...

"Separate to that, we have received some communication from people interested in purchasing the football club and we have communicated that with Mr Dale..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49438243

Oh no! Another possible 48 hour extension by the EFL!
4 parties interested, those cupboatds soon fly open!
Andy Burnham mayor of Manc pokes his nose in, lookin for votes, sorry, pleading for everybody to pull together!
Jesus H Goddancing Christ!!!!

Nothing on the EFL website, the only thing I can find is speculation on the BBC L1 web page.

If Burnham was canvassing for votes, I'm sure he would have intervened earlier - as far as I can see he is doing his job. Unlike the ex Mayor of London that has inveigled himself into No. 10.

Last edited:
it appears from this article that the prospective buyers have been found by the efl. they seem to be doing dale/bury's work for them...

"Separate to that, we have received some communication from people interested in purchasing the football club and we have communicated that with Mr Dale..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49438243

You really couldn't make this up.
So the EFL set deadline after deadline.
And then set a final definite final deadline.
And then lo and behold, the EFL themselves start trawling around for a buyer and on that basis extend their own final deadline! And the Bury owner has only had to sit on his arse still doing absolutely nothing!!

Can the EFL or anyone else for that matter force Dale to sell? As I see it if he does not get what he is asking for then the EFL trawling around for a buyer is pointless. Isn't it?

Surely they can't grant another extension. What an embarrassment!

So not only are the EFL bending over backwards and putting themselves out to help both Bury & Bolton, all the other teams in league 1 are expected to do the same by accepting an irregular fixture programme

Has the EFL forgotten how these clubs came to be in this mess in the first place? By trying to gain an advantage over the rest of us by spending more money than they had. By cheating!!

Like Danny said, we're are trying to be responsible and live within our means. Makes you wonder what's the point?

On the local news tonight seems a credible buyer is in talks . No names, no info. Delaying tactics or maybe a buyer . Who knows

considering Dale is publicly saying he wishes to sell, he doesn't seem to be doing much to find buyers. but seems to be doing a fair bit of turning down offers.

even if an offer is accepted tomorrow, how long will it take to be ratified by bury/dale's lawyers, and then ratified by the efl 'proper person' test... look at how long it took notts and how long it is taking bolton. they could be faffing around postponing games until christmas.

Dale is only going to sell if he gets an offer that is equal or more than what he expects to make if Bury go under. And then on top of that any prospective buyer will have to be in a position to service/honour the debt/CVA.
If someone has that kind of money to throw at this, then why didn't they come forward weeks ago?

There is absolutely no time to do this. Any prospective buyer will need to carry out extensive due diligence, and even Steve Dale called Bury a tangled mess. Does the EFL understand nothing about how business works?