Bury | Page 70 | Vital Football

Bury

Not that we all needed confirmation, but Dale wants his £900k! Not a bad ROI on a £1.

Ah but what about all the salaries and debt repayments Dale's had to make month after month after month...oh...wait....

Actually, given he's not paid anyone or anything for months it would seem, what's been done with all their gate money and other income since he took over?
As a successful promotion team, there must have been quite a lot of cash come in.
Where has all that gone to?

And that CVA figure is quoted as £3.6 million. I thought their debts were way in excess of that. Plus how much football debt is owing (which has to be repaid in full)

And that CVA figure is quoted as £3.6 million. I thought their debts were way in excess of that. Plus how much football debt is owing (which has to be repaid in full)
It is, but that £3.6m is only 'Dale's' (£3.6m/25% (CVA) is the £900k figure he's after).

Ah but what about all the salaries and debt repayments Dale's had to make month after month after month...oh...wait....

Actually, given he's not paid anyone or anything for months it would seem, what's been done with all their gate money and other income since he took over?
As a successful promotion team, there must have been quite a lot of cash come in.
Where has all that gone to?

Has he paid anyone anything since he was massively overcharged when purchasing the club

A coffin has been placed at the door of Gigg Lane , RIP witten on it . Seems it was the same bloke who tried to kick the locked door in .
If they get out of this mess , I will be in the Q for the next home game. Very sad when this happens to a football club .

And fancy the EFL allowing the ex-Vale Chairman to make a big despite a) still having an interest in Vale for another 2.5 years or so and b) after the mess he made there!

What do we think the odds are of
1/ A last minute saviour agreeing to line the pockets of Dale
2/ The EFL further extending
3/ Bury being buried

3/ Bury being buried

I doubt very much the EFL have got the balls to throw Bury out. They haven’t shown any steel or decisiveness for months, why will tomorrow be any different?

From The Times:

"Proposals for a salary cap in the EFL were discussed by the 72 club chairmen at a specially convened meeting last week, with many of them in favour of the idea, it can be revealed."

3/ Bury being buried
1. Not very likely, not only would they have to pay off Dale but then have the cash to sort out the rest of the mess. And will that stop it from happening again in the near future?
2. Most likely outcome, despite what I wrote above, there will be some sort of rumor about a white knight on the horizon to save them, and out of the goodness of their heart the EFL will extend the deadline; only to find out later the white knight was riding the other way.
3. I think the book is closed on this one, maybe not tomorrow, but soon!

I wonder if sky have had a word with the efl yet? And what backup plan sky have for the Bolton v Bury postponement derby... just over two weeks away now.

From The Times:

Continued...

"Proposals for a salary cap in the EFL were discussed by the 72 club chairmen at a specially convened meeting last week, with many of them in favour of the idea, it can be revealed."

Nicola Palios, the vice-chairman of Tranmere Rovers, told The Times: “A lot of the club chairmen are now starting to talk about some form of wage cap.

“The gaps between the leagues are effectively encouraging clubs to gamble to get across that gap, to overstretch themselves, and that leads to the situation we are seeing with some clubs now.

“It was raised at the EFL’s governance meeting last week and was comprehensively discussed.”

Palios said that she would like to see the rules changed so that promoted clubs had to pay off all football creditors before starting in the next division.

She believes the system of parachute payments for clubs relegated from the Premier League makes the situation even worse because other clubs feel they have to spend more to compete.

What is she talking about, there is a wage cap.
Clubs in the League 1 and League 2 operate within a Spending Constraint framework termed Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP). SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages - in League 2, the limit is 55%. There are no restrictions (in themselves) on the amount a club can lose or spend on transfer fees.
It is not the wage cap that is the problem, it is the financial management within the clubs that is the problem, and the efl’s ability to enforce their own rules.

Suppose you can have a 'wage' cap, but what if they put 'add ons' into the players contract?, bonus etc. Then the clubs have to pay the players agent, or scrote as we know it!. Let's see what happens if the players have to start forking out to their agents!