Burton Albion v Manchester City-Semi-final 2nd Leg Carabao Cup - Weds 23rd Jan 2019 - KO- 7.45pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Burton Albion v Manchester City-Semi-final 2nd Leg Carabao Cup - Weds 23rd Jan 2019 - KO- 7.45pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Thoughts
As we all know it is 9-0 to City at HT, the EFL has contrived that Pep will not be allowed to play a weakened team by scheduling the Checkatrade fixture against Sunderland involving City's U21 players so close to this one that the plan to blood some youths in a first team competition is no longer possible. This is not the first time this has happened as we remember Manuel Pellergrini having a similar problem when they scheduled a 5th round FA Cup tie with Chelsea with a trip to Eastern Europe scheduled only days later, Pellers selected a youth team to play Chelsea and was condemned by the media for playing a weakened team and disrespecting the FA Cup, while Pep has been criticised for failing to play youth players, where players like Sancho disillusioned refused a contract at City to gain more playing time. Yet when City get the chance to do just that, the powers that be put other obstacles in their way. The curse of a very successful Club that plays the most attractive football in Europe but is constantly sniped at by those that run the game.

City Team News
Out

Bravo
doubtful
Kompany
Mendy, who although back in training, it may be too soon to get the left back a full game, but he could be in contention for a cameo role against Burton.

Officials
TBC

Latest odds
Burton 18/1 Draw 10/1 City 2/13

Last edited:
I think he will Buzz, but either way he will have done the wrong thing in many peoples eyes.

Starting team... hmmm

Muric, Zinch, Delph and Foden are definites, surely.

After that I haven't a clue.

Mahrez will start I expect, probably Gundogan & Jesus as well as Danilo?

That would make 8. Only 3 more to find plus the bench.....

Mind you it is the U21s playing on Tuesday so the EDS (U23) lads should be available.

Tuesday night will give us a clue about the night after.
I think Garcia will get another run out, and Mahrez will be in the frame as well.
Kompany, if fit, will be a favourite, and I reckon Sane and Jesus as well.
David Silva, too. I think KDB maybe on the bench for this one.

Some clues here as to which EDS may be involved. Garcia is in there, I think Felix Nmecha is there with his back to the camera in a shot of Zinchenko, there's also another black lad with a blonde streak in his hair that I don't recognise ( in the pic with Pep laughing), anyone put a name to the face.

I think Mangala may be in there too.

Referee: Michael Dean
Assistant referees: Ian Hussin and Darren Cann
VAR: Paul Tierney
Fourth official: Lee Mason
AVAR: Constantine Hatzidakis

It will be interesting how the media will react to his picks. Last week the uninformed were calling for ‘mercy’ - this week I bet they will criticise Pep for ‘not taking the competition seriously and disrespecting his opponents’ :surrender: