Burton Albion 1-2 Lincoln City: What 3 Things Did We Learn? | Vital Football

Burton Albion 1-2 Lincoln City: What 3 Things Did We Learn?

1. This is going to be a tight old season in League 1. We sit 17th after todays win which is only 3 points off the Play off positions. Honestly I feel that it is virtually impossible to safely predict the result of any game in this division, and that is despite certain clubs spending far more on their squad than others. There were 6 draws today out of the 12 games and very rarely does one team manage to thrash the opponents. Pundits often refer to The Championship as being the most interesting league going. I'd argue that is now League 1. Going to be a fascinating season.

2. Lewis Fiorini is showing why Manchester City gave him a 5 year deal. It took Lewis a few games to get into the rhythm of the team and what is needed in this league, but he has flourished in the last fortnight. We were wondering who would be able to fill the goals that Jorge Grant scored last season. Fiorini can do that and more. Consider how many of Jorge's goals came from open play and you can see that in Lewis we have a potent attacking midfielder who I expect to hit double figures this season

3. It can often be strange what in years to come you remember about a game. Often memories fade except for that brilliant goal or fantastic save. In thirty years time when I think back over todays match, whilst insensble and dribbling, the one abiding memory will be the comedy gold moment of Remy Longdon falling over in the box whilst trying to round the goalkeeper. One of the most remarkable things I have ever seen in a game it must be said. Good job we won as we can laugh over it.

Consider how many of Jorge's goals came from open play and you can see that in Lewis we have a potent attacking midfielder who I expect to hit double figures this season
FYI, only 5 of Grant's 17 goals last season came from open play, and one of those was a follow-up to his own missed penalty.

1. We are quite comfortable and also have options in the fullback position.

2. Griffiths is a legit goalkeeper and we are lucky to have him.

3. We need either Bridcutt or McGrandles in midfield to do the grafting. As good as Bishop and Fiorini are, Sorensen is unable to carry the heavy lifting for them over 90 minutes so that they are freed to do their creative thing.