Burnley | Page 3 | Vital Football

Burnley

The nearly own goal from i think Dummett was a brilliant save.

Huge three points today . The side were by and large appalling aside from Murphy who really put a shift in both halves. Maximin the bacon saver and maybe the takeover saver. What a player !

Aye I'd forgotten that one

In terms of dealing with the barrage though he didnt fill me with confidence

A lot of his punches were weak or came off at angles that seemed to surprise even him

Last edited:
So that will be a new contract for Bruce and another few seasons of this utter shite. One day Ashley will leave.......

I was really happy with that win. I think we could have won by more first half shaky but 2nd half we deserved the points in my opinion. I for one do not want to get relegated like others do. Today surely has to go down as a good day as a supporter well it was for me anyway😁with Fulham losing it’s a big result and could suck Burnley into the equation. Maybe I was watching a different game👍

I personally thought that Longstaff had another decent shift and in the last couple of games has shown that he could rekindle the form he showed under Rafa. Again a massive shout out for Matt Ritchie who not only played well but could be heard shouting at the team for large parts of that game.

As I said weeks ago, I think 36 points is enough this year and whether we like it or not, Broocey will be getting the plaudits soon from his mates as surely even he can muster up a grand total of 4 points or more out of our last 7 games

I personally thought that Longstaff had another decent shift and in the last couple of games has shown that he could rekindle the form he showed under Rafa. Again a massive shout out for Matt Ritchie who not only played well but could be heard shouting at the team for large parts of that game.

As I said weeks ago, I think 36 points is enough this year and whether we like it or not, Broocey will be getting the plaudits soon from his mates as surely even he can muster up a grand total of 4 points or more out of our last 7 games

I'd play a half fit Longstaff (either one) before Hendrick

Another mention has to go to Murphy - I used to think little of him but hes had a cracking season when given a chance

He's this season's Hayden for me

Yes both played well today. Burnley very one dimensional in the 2nd half
and I thought they ran out of ideas in the end. Our defence looked comfortable most of 2nd half more than can be said for myself. I was a bag of nerves towards the end😂

I was really happy with that win. I think we could have won by more first half shaky but 2nd half we deserved the points in my opinion. I for one do not want to get relegated like others do. Today surely has to go down as a good day as a supporter well it was for me anyway😁with Fulham losing it’s a big result and could suck Burnley into the equation. Maybe I was watching a different game👍
I sometimes think a few years in the championship would get rid of Ashley, but nobody knows. That's what it all boils down to I don't like seeing the team I have supported all my life limp on as a shell of a club. Just want that little bit of hope and ambition back, but not going to happen the whole time Ashley is around. All he wants is 17th place year in year out.

West brom are 5 points behind Fulham but with 2 games in hand

An unlikely win for them tomorrow could cause Fulham some real headaches

Last edited:
Todays horse racing at Kelso brought an unlikely win for a 28/1 outsider in the last race. It was called 'Geordies Dream' and no I didn't have a flutter on it.

I was lucky enough to have a mate supply me with a recording of the full 90 mins.
My feeling is that we were overly cautious in the first half against a team whose main threat was from corners but who always looked vulnerable themselves when put under pressure.

Dubs was again instrumental in encouraging the opposition, my daughters can punch harder than him.

We should have had a penalty, fcking period !

As soon as our better players were introduced that vulnerability was exposed big time.

Murphy, my MOTM, scored a great goal and St Max was aided and abetted in an equally good strike by Callum Wilson who drew two defenders away.

Steve Bruce nailed it in his comments
"You see what we’ve missed. It’s not rocket science: we need our best players"
"It's been difficult with our injuries. You can see what Allan Saint-Maximin brings to the team. We've missed that bit of quality and excitement.

"To be missing your top players constantly, it affects teams.
"Let's hope our players stay fit. As good as I think I am, I need our best players "

Which is why the **** should be playing Murphy and Ritchie every game.

Love it !!!

I wouldn't rule out them causing us some headaches.

They would need 12 points from their last 8 games (assuming we don't get another point)

21 points from 30 games suggest they wont do it

I just like the idea of them pulling above Fulham to hopefully demoralise them and kill off any last minute push

Last edited: