Burnley | Vital Football

Burnley

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Would you Rest players or go for it?
Because of our small squad both our left backs (one is actually a RB) and one if not both our only CBS.

I’d go

Fahrmann

Byram
Amadou
Hanley
Lewis

Trybull
Leitner

Rupp
Stiepermann
Hernandez

Idah

subs

mcgovern
Zimmermann
Drmic
Cantwell
Aarons
Duda
Vrancic

Cantwell has had this issue for a while. It seems we have a squad of players who are playing through injury - Pukki did it, Cantwell, Krul, Godfrey, Trybull, Fahrmann et al.

Jesus - Cantwell, McLean, Amadou, Emi all out so who will play then? I guess a few first-teamers which is unfortunate.

It is the case that we are so thin on defenders that all but one of the current starts will have to play and we will just have to pray none get injured. With Amadou out we will have no backup CB and both 1st team players playing -- that shows we needed another body in the squad (or maybe have Famewo for the cup) but DF says we are stocked in that department? Also with Emi and Todd out we are down to our only out and out winger in Hernandez.

Interesting that DF says he isn't willing to let any of his forwards go at the moment - so will he later in the window?

With the update, I think

Fahrmann (hopefully he can stay fit)

Byram
Hanley
Zimmermann
Lewis

Leitner
Trybull

Hernandez
Stiepermann
Rupp

Idah

Subs

McGovern - Vrancic - Duda - Drmic - Aarons - Jones - Martin

Down to the bare bones. I would put a couple of academy lads in like Jones and Martin has been doing well so reward him. I don't see the point in having a Tettey on the bench as a central defensive cover. Get a young lad in.

It seems to me that this is all a risky way to run a club , that now we are struggling to name a half decent side while giving senior players a rest. Is it any wonder we are rock bottom of the league

(or maybe have Famewo for the cup)

A bit difficult given that he is on loan at St. Mirren in Scotland

Can we put Caleb Richards (back from his 36 matches for Tampa) on the bench?
Presumably the 25 man squad rule doesn't apply to FA Cup matches and even if it did, is he regarded as not being over 21 even though he is 21!

A bit difficult given that he is on loan at St. Mirren in Scotland

Can we put Caleb Richards (back from his 36 matches for Tampa) on the bench?
Presumably the 25 man squad rule doesn't apply to FA Cup matches and even if it did, is he regarded as not being over 21 even though he is 21!
That is what I was meaning....'that shows we needed another body in the squad (or maybe have Famewo for the cup)' I was saying we could have just kept Famewo at the club and he could have played in the cup games and given cover instead of going to Scotland.

Mmmmmm - Turf Moor aint a happy hunting ground for us and we're up against it having an excessive number of away games close together - I cant see us getting anything from this with our second string - well at least we've gone further than the 3rd round this season if.........

BURNLEY: Hart; Lowton, Tarkowski, Long, Pieters; Lennon, Cork, Westwood, Brady; Wood, Rodriguez. Subs: Peacock-Farrell (GK), Taylor, McNeil, Hendrick, Vydra, Goodridge

NORWICH: Fahrmann; Byram, Zimmermann, Hanley (C), Lewis; Trybull, Vrancic; Rupp, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Drmic. Subs: McGovern (GK), Aarons, Tettey, McLean, Duda, Martin, Pukki

REFEREE; Michael Oliver (Durham)

VAR: Paul Tierney (Lancashire)

Burnley 0-0 Norwich
Sitter!
What a chance in the first few seconds for Norwich as Josip Drmic is played clean through, one-on-one, and he sidefoots wide!