Burnley v NUFC | Vital Football

Burnley v NUFC

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Another game against a team supposedly in or around the area we're looking to finish this season, however I have the sense that the more points we accrue, the more likely a takeover becomes.

Not wanting to go against everything that Rafa has instilled in the football club but victory tonight coupled with a home win at the weekend against Bournemouth would see us half way to the first target of survival.

Personally speaking though, a draw away from home is never a bad result.

We go with pretty much a full squad aside from the long term cattled Paul Dummett, which is a long way from the once sold out treatment room that seemed to have it's own waiting list to get into under Messrs Pardew and co.

Burnley have a couple missing in Jonathan Walters and maybe their new signing Chris Wood.

We know that the team will be set up as it usually is with one up front and I dont think there'll be any great change to placate those who have Mitrovic starting every week and I predict this starting XI.

Elliot

Yedlin, Lascelles, Lejeune, Manquillo

Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden, Atsu

Perez

Joselu.

For once the usual gob shite experts reckon we'll win but that would be something we haven't managed since the 1975/76 season although to be fair, we've hardly played them since.

Any links? Finding it difficult to motivate myself to go to the Irish bar in town to watch it on the telly.

Still after any live links for the match lads, as I've ordered pizza instead of going into town......

Diame in for Hayden.

Elliot; Yedlin, Lascelles, Lejeune, Manqulllo; Shelvey, Diame; Ritchie, Perez, Atsu; Joselu

Mitro and Merino not even in squad

Mitro is either inconsistent in training , is for the push and already part out the door or Rapha has a distinct bias towards his spanish brethren. The fact that Joselu and Perez get selected so regularly despite being pretty shit suggests the later.

All the pundits tipping us and Merino out of the picture, Diame starts, that makes Burnley great value at 3-1 at home.

carlosvendetta - 30/10/2017 19:02

Mitro is either inconsistent in training , is for the push and already part out the door or Rapha has a distinct bias towards his spanish brethren. The fact that Joselu and Perez get selected so regularly despite being pretty shit suggests the later.

Mitrovic is an immature arsehole who could reduce us to 10 men and cost us the match at any given moment. A shame like because there's no doubt he's a better footballer than Joselu, but until he grows up he's just too big a risk.

Merino not in the squad is a bit strange, unless he has some sort of niggle. On a night where we may need a hold up striker Mitro is left out again ! Not even a plan B.

The Pyrry - 30/10/2017 19:41

Merino not in the squad is a bit strange, unless he has some sort of niggle. On a night where we may need a hold up striker Mitro is left out again ! Not even a plan B.
Rumour of a back injury

Think he’s taught Hayden he can’t keep his place when under performing like he did against Palace, lesson learned now get him on for Diame. May as well have a look at Jacob Murphy on a night like this as well, fucking dire this.