Burnley v Manchester City- KO- 8.15pm GMT Tuesday 3rd December 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Burnley v Manchester City- KO- 8.15pm GMT Tuesday 3rd December 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
Sean Dyche will no doubt bemoan the fact that something or other has got his goat but City along with all the other Team in this month as we approach Christmas will be wanting to have an injury free run until the end of the season but with so many games coming thick and fast added together with the supposed Winter break but I doubt the fans will see it that way. Tuesday marks a new supplier of live football to our screens and the City Burnley match is one of those.

City are not playing well and the increased focus by the media on our frail defence which happens at the time of writing to be the fifth best in the league whilst our attack is top of the pile, but we are not playing well with that flowing football we all love to watch and with City just back from the northeast with a draw against Newcastle. There were times that getting a draw away from home was a very good result but not these days especially when you lead twice but that is history now and as City have no history then it matters not.

I have seen City on many occasions play like this creating a number of chances but not taking them and i do get the feeling that someone is in for a bad time against City, I just hope it is soon before the lack of confidence in front of goal sets in at both ends

City Team News

Out the usual suspects plus Ilkay Gundogan who picked up a yellow and a one match ban for the totting up system

Doubtful everyone else appears to be fit and fighting to regain some sort of form.

City - connections - Mike, Summerbee, Joey Barton, Wayne Biggins, Willie Donachie, Ron Futcher, Jamie Hoyland, Tommy Hutchison, Tyrone Mears, Tony Morley, Gareth Taylor, Lee Briscoe, Mick Docherty, Adrian Heath, Ben Mee, Kieran Trippier, Stephen Jordan,

Famous Fan - James Anderson (currently training with us to try and get fit for England)

possible starting Xl

Ederson
Cancelo Fernandinho Stones Mendy
Rodri
Bernardo, De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva(C)

Jesus

Match Officials
Referee:
Jonathan Moss.
Assistants:
Marc Perry, Eddie Smart.
Fourth official: Martin Atkinson.
VAR: Graham Scott. (hates City, expect no favours at all, not that we want favours just do the job without bias)
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Latest Odds
Burnley 15/1 Draw 6/1 City 1/6

for those with Amazon this is one of the first matches to be shown on this medium as to why the odd kick-off time, I have no idea Prime Video match

Next

mens-premier-league-small-purple-3x.png

Sat 07 Dec
17:30
GMT
Premier League

Manchester City
manchester_city_fc_badge.png
v Manchester United
manunited.png

sky_sports-crop.png

Last edited:
I think I would rather have Angelino than Mendy who is not having a great run at the moment. His crossing and passing isn’t great however if they had come off he would have had a really good game at Newcastle.
It doesn’t look like this post makes much sense but I’m sure you will all get my drift.
Burnley will be another hard game but like you Buzz, I’m looking forward to a game where every chance is taken and we belt the shit out of some team.

I think I would rather have Angelino than Mendy who is not having a great run at the moment. His crossing and passing isn’t great however if they had come off he would have had a really good game at Newcastle.
It doesn’t look like this post makes much sense but I’m sure you will all get my drift.
Burnley will be another hard game but like you Buzz, I’m looking forward to a game where every chance is taken and we belt the shit out of some team.
Spot on, Ozi. It's plain for everyone to see that Mendy is not the player he was before his injuries. We need all hands on deck, and now is not the time for players that aren't 100%. We are like a wounded animal, everyone wants to take us out. But a word of advice to our rivals:

never-strike-a-king-unless-you-are-sure-you-shall-kill-him-quote-1.jpg

I do not think Mendy was at fault for either of the Toons goals and Mendy does need more match game minutes under his bet, the Jury is still out.
I wonder if his injuries have reduced his capabilities. Some players never get back to their best.

I certainly don't think Mendy is the same player we saw before his layoffs. He seems to lack that zip and punchy style to his game - more hesitant and cautious. Understandably so I guess after what he's faced.
His crossing has certainly has not been quite the same standard.

Angelino is a good left back, but gets out of position playing the Pep way of inverted fullback. Mendy before his injuries was a top attacking left back so much so that Sane was often left out. With his current form I would play Angelono at Turf Moor, as Mendy gets back up to speed.

Thankfully, Burnley have been inconsistent a bit lately. I pray for a good game for us, breaking Groundhog Day, ahead of the scum at the weekend.

I certainly don't think Mendy is the same player we saw before his layoffs. He seems to lack that zip and punchy style to his game - more hesitant and cautious. Understandably so I guess after what he's faced.
His crossing has certainly has not been quite the same standard.
I think that may be because the wide left is in his way just the same as he cannot play with Sane, could be that now I prefer Sterling in the middle and now Jesus drops out wide left getting in his way and stopping him going down the line to make those crosses. If only Walker could cross a ball

Angelino is a good left back, but gets out of position playing the Pep way of inverted fullback. Mendy before his injuries was a top attacking left back so much so that Sane was often left out. With his current form I would play Angelono at Turf Moor, as Mendy gets back up to speed.

I agree jk, but he too needs more than the odd game, it was only when Zinchenko and Delph had played there for a few games that they started to grow into the position.

Interesting to see what Amazon make of the game tomorrow.

Never fond of playing Dyche's Dogs of War though. Not especially looking forward to the game 😕

Never fond of playing Dyche's Dogs of War though. Not especially looking forward to the game 😕
They will be up for it and Pep is right when he says ur problem is not scoring when we have had some golden opportunities, but even then to take the lead twice and lose it, is careless

They play a bit like Stoke under Pulis, all about trying to keeping their Prem status