Burnley v Manchester City - EFL Cup - Wednesday 30th Sept 2020 : KO 7:00 pm UK time - Preview & MDT | Vital Football

Burnley v Manchester City - EFL Cup - Wednesday 30th Sept 2020 : KO 7:00 pm UK time - Preview & MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
OUCH! That Hurt.
As they say conceding one penalty is unfortunate, conceding two is careless , but conceding three is shooting yourself in the foot. That my friends is football and it brings us down to earth with a wake-up call. On Wednesday we travel to Burnley in the next round of the League Cup and we looked knackered on Sunday and blown away, no use making excuses, but simply the players need a rest and I expect another draft of the EDS to help us out, with so many players still out or coming back from injury and self isolation.

City Team News
Everyone who played against Leicester came through OK, with added bonus of Laporte and Zinchenko making the bench, missing Aguero, Bernardo, Jesus, Gundogan, Cancelo and add to that Stones.

Beat the Pep
Steffen
Garcia, Harwood-Bellis - Laporte
Doyle, Fernandinho, Nmecha, Zinchenko, Torres
Delap

Match Officials
Referee:
Andrew Madley
Assistant Referees: Edward Smart and Ian Hussin
Fourth Official: Mike Dean

Last edited:
The good news is that bernardo is back in training and he could be on the 'Berti' on Wednesday and almost certain to be there on Saturday evening for the Leeds United match

The striker possy is an issue. I expect Liam to make another start. We have made this trophy our own, so we must try our best to retain it again. We await with the usual interest to see what Pep comes up with regarding starting selections, with some heavy hitters on the bench just in case the cavalry is needed.

The striker possy is an issue. I expect Liam to make another start. We have made this trophy our own, so we must try our best to retain it again. We await with the usual interest to see what Pep comes up with regarding starting selections, with some heavy hitters on the bench just in case the cavalry is needed.

we do need another striker Sergio wont last forever and as much as I like Jesus, he is not as deadly as sergio and that is what we are missing.

I shall not be watching tomorrow as it’s not on the telly and therefore I will not be commenting. Which is just as well, really, since I risk getting a smack off you lot because I believe we ought to sacrifice this compo for the greater good.
:silly:

I shall not be watching tomorrow as it’s not on the telly and therefore I will not be commenting. Which is just as well, really, since I risk getting a smack off you lot because I believe we ought to sacrifice this compo for the greater good.
:silly:
You're not getting off so easy, you have to suffer just like the rest of us. Hitting

What is wrong with Stones now?
Pep says he is suffering from needles, but he is not helping himself and should be out there at every opportunity, but it must be depressing also when the Club announce that it is your position that they are chasing a world class player

Pep says he is suffering from needles, but he is not helping himself and should be out there at every opportunity, but it must be depressing also when the Club announce that it is your position that they are chasing a world class player
You have to know there is competition at every position, so it should make you hungry to fight for a place. If you expect a slot every game, we don’t want you.

So, the question must now be, 'What next for Stones?'

I reckon he needs to leave if he wants to 'kickstart' his career, but I'm not sure he is capable of it, to be honest. He's been given every opportunity, but has become a real sick-note.

However, there have been no rumours about him leaving, so perhaps we want to keep him. On the other hand, maybe no-one wants him.

So, the question must now be, 'What next for Stones?'

I reckon he needs to leave if he wants to 'kickstart' his career, but I'm not sure he is capable of it, to be honest. He's been given every opportunity, but has become a real sick-note.

However, there have been no rumours about him leaving, so perhaps we want to keep him. On the other hand, maybe no-one wants him.
We need him to fill in, if he’s capable of that physically. If not, Hardwood-Bellis you’re up.