Burnley FC v Manchester City - 2.05 pm BST Sunday 28th April 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Burnley FC v Manchester City - 2.05 pm BST Sunday 28th April 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
A Pep Talk
Nobody mentioned that City had played 5 games in 15 days 3 games against Spurs (3rd in the League), 3 away games including United in the Derby, always a tough game, Nobody mentioned that they had tired legs.

We just carry on and try and win the last three games of this exciting season, another top season in the Premier.

After dispatching Oily Bummer's flaccid Stretford 'Galacticos' in midweek, City travel to Burnley on Sunday to try and catch Liverpool at the Top of the table.

Sky's manipulation of the fixture schedule since the turn of the year has gone largely unnoticed. Reacting to last season's protracted period when City led the pack, Sky clearly decided that their advertising revenue stream was at rick unless they set up the televised game schedule to ensure that, should the two leading teams continue to win, they would 'leapfrog' each other at the top of the table. Their wish has come to pass and I can see the video compilers beavering away diligently creating the "Best Premier League Title Race EVER" programmes as I type. He who pays the piper.......

Mr Dyche will be motivating his players to 'put themselves about' and no doubt complaining throughout the match.

For City it is simple three games win them the title is ours drop any points then we are a gallant runner up but no-one remembers the second placed team. Pep made some valid points in his press conference when he thanked Liverpool for making City better....

“The standard, we created last season at Manchester City. People know that before you had to be close to 90, now you have to be close to 100.

“The standard was last season. We helped Liverpool to achieve it and Liverpool helped us to maintain this level."

“Thanks to Liverpool we are competing as we competed last season. Liverpool realise that to win the Premier League right now you have to make a lot of points.”

He made it very clear that it has been City's progress which has generated this title race by setting a standard which has forced other side to react -

“That’s the standard. You know when Usain Bolt made a 100m race, that is the standard. The other people have to achieve it.

“18 Grand Slams for Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods. That’s the standard. It’s the same. 100 points last season. The other teams, if they want to compete they have to do that.”

So whatever the outcome of this close race, we all know that it is our club which has been at the forefront of changing the standards at the top of the Premier League.

City Team News
out - Bravo, De Bruyne
doubtful - Fernandinho, Gundogan

Match Officials
Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistants:
Eddie Smart, Adrian Holmes
Fourth official: Craig Pawson

Next:-

Mon 6th May Premier League 8 pm BST at the Etihad

Leicester City
leicester02.ashx

COME ON CITY !!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, BE, about as tough as they come. Burnley are still not mathematically safe, apparently, so they'll be all out to get something.

It will be a hard game and in more ways than one so we will have tp watch out for their tackling. Another three points though.

Burnley v City - Last 6 meetings (all comps) -

City W5 D1 L0 GF20 GA3

City YC11 RC1.
Burnley YC14 RC0

Reported that Fernie seen wearing a knee brace.

Think we'll go
Ederson Walker Zinchenko Kompany Laporte Gundogan D Silva B Silva Sane Sterling Aguero
Danilo Stones Otamendi Foden Mahrez G Jesus

Reported that Fernie seen wearing a knee brace.

Think we'll go
Ederson Walker Zinchenko Kompany Laporte Gundogan D Silva B Silva Sane Sterling Aguero
Danilo Stones Otamendi Foden Mahrez G Jesus

That’s his season done then I think - knee ligaments after the challenge blocking Pogba’s shot on Weds

We have shipped some injuries this season

XI | Ederson, Walker, Kompany (C), Laporte, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Bernardo, D Silva, Sterling, Sane, Aguero

SUBS | Muric, Danilo, Stones, Mahrez, Otamendi, G Jesus, Foden

I can see why some extra height might be handy against Burnley and appreciate Pep likes someone with calmness on the ball in that role but Stones doesn’t move to ball on quickly enough for me in that position.too many touches for my liking.

Zinchenko might be a good shout with Laporte at LB

But moot point as the teams are in and Gundogan starts