Burnley 1 City 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Burnley 1 City 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

It was a puzzling message. Motivate someone to play better in the future v denying them the chance to atone for the miss. Investing in the future, ramming the message home?

Daiz looked a bit ‘rabbit in th headlights’ - made me wonder whether the “welcome to the Big Boys League” tackle from Matt Phillips has left a mental mark on him as well as a bruise.

VK - I just wonder whether the spectre of injury haunts him now. Like Banquo’s ghost hanging round his every move on the pitch, is our club captain destined to be permanently uneasy as a game progresses and the fear of over-stretching, of testing his muscles just that bit too much so that something “pings”. He looked more tentative as the game went on misplacing some passes and .....just edgy.

I think even those people with supreme mental strength suffer doubts, and I think Vinny is prehaps reaping the cumulative effect of all those injuries. It's difficult not to.

He's recently received his business degree, and I know many have stated he'll be on our side if he retires and becomes a pundit.

That day is surely ever closer than before - hasn't he got one year left on his playing contract? I suspect that will do him, but in his retirement I think the path that will be planned for him is as a successor to Soriano, not Gary Neville.

Skoorb. 'Daiz looked a bit ‘rabbit in th headlights’ - made me wonder whether the “welcome to the Big Boys League” tackle from Matt Phillips has left a mental mark on him as well as a bruise.'

I just commented on this aspect in the 6 subs debate, I agree it has an effect that so many players have been hacked down, you have to wonder if it's you next and you begin looking for it and that starts to affects your game.

Colin Is The King - 4/2/2018 13:14

I think even those people with supreme mental strength suffer doubts, and I think Vinny is prehaps reaping the cumulative effect of all those injuries. It's difficult not to.

He's recently received his business degree, and I know many have stated he'll be on our side if he retires and becomes a pundit.

That day is surely ever closer than before - hasn't he got one year left on his playing contract? I suspect that will do him, but in his retirement I think the path that will be planned for him is as a successor to Soriano, not Gary Neville.

Colin, I think you are totally correct on this one and Vinnie is played the safe game and taking no chances, where the Old Vinnie would and maybe the grounding for a future at City will be a welcome to the non football side, I hope that we will at last have some on the TV on our side.