Budgets or scouting? | Vital Football

Budgets or scouting?

D

Departed

Trying to be objective so.......

It's important to remember that salary is the most important player expense, not purchase price.

Sissoko was probably cheaper than Mane.

We may have lost sight of this due to our players excelling recently.

We're on a budget. And at some point that's going to have an impact. Most likely when we are competing on two fronts at a high level. We threw the CL last season to concentrate on the league. Looks like we are trying to do both this season.

A season too early in my opinion.........but maybe not. Maybe this team is about to change dramatically in the summer and they are going for it now.

Scouting has to be questionable at all levels. Our U18s are 7th in their league and way off the leaders. Our Development team is currently bottom of their league and our junior team was thrashed 6-0 by Arsenal last week. So it doesn’t look great for players com8ng through, nor does the coaching look very impressive. Every team is supposed to be created in Poch’s blueprint so has someone redrawn it or is it all smoke and mirrors? Budgets are clearly a constraint but who can blame Levy for being cautious when you look at the failures that our scouts presumably recommended? N’Jie had one game where he looked promising, crossing for Lamela to score, was injured and we never saw him again. Poch hasn’t given GKN a chance and clearly doesn’t rate him ( would have been nice to decide that before purchase). Jansenn looked a pub striker to me before he signed and so he proved. Tried hard but just wasn’t up to it. Sissoko...no more needs to be said. We need goals orers. Those that people know about are beyond our budget and those gems waiting to be discovered remain hidden from our scouts at all levels. It’s going to be very difficult at season end without a trophy or Top 3 finish as I believe the team will break up and we will not be able to afford replacements of the same calibration.

Sissoko was cheaper than mane if you believe that we are paying 6m a season and will stop paying it if we get rid. Levy loves that sort of deal.

If you believe reports salah was 34m and is on 90k a week, which we could have easily paid out but once again mr levy wanted to wait until nearer the end of window to splash the cash.

Who does the scouting at our club. Is it poch or someone else. If its not poch then someone needs moved on because their attacking recommendations have been woeful.

Budget is not the problem, we can easily pay a couple of players over 100k a week, no one can convince me we can't as the club makes a lot of money. I just feel levys approach to the window is letting us down also.

The players must also sense it. Walker and rose knew what was coming, thats why rose spoke up, the same **** every window where we fail to get that one signing that would make a difference.

Trying to be objective so.......

It's important to remember that salary is the most important player expense, not purchase price.

Sissoko was probably cheaper than Mane.

We may have lost sight of this due to our players excelling recently.

We're on a budget. And at some point that's going to have an impact. Most likely when we are competing on two fronts at a high level. We threw the CL last season to concentrate on the league. Looks like we are trying to do both this season.

A season too early in my opinion.........but maybe not. Maybe this team is about to change dramatically in the summer and they are going for it now.

Was this prescient?

Or was it just bad management that killed our momentum?