Budget | Vital Football

Budget

vinney

Vital Reserves Team
Scally has always consistently said that the budget was as good as almost anyone in League 1. Steve Evans in his pre-burton interview, said that our budget is in the bottom four in the division. Seems as if someone is telling porkies

Scally has always consistently said that the budget was as good as almost anyone in League 1. Steve Evans in his pre-burton interview, said that our budget is in the bottom four in the division. Seems as if someone is telling porkies

Evans is merely pleading poverty while transfer / contract negotiations are ongoing.

Scally has given a hell of a lot of money to Evans this term - Evans is renowned for bringing in masses of players everywhere he goes and in some cases needlessly. Evans will always spend your money and always claim the budget is low - and of course it is is you have such a big squad. My question is do you really need two people for each position ? Especially when some players can cover each other. He will have to leave out his 18 man weekly squad at least 4 recruited players ??

Evans wants the same size squad as Lovell. Unfortunately perhaps Scally is saying he has a large budget.At present they are mearly shadow boxing. Wait until Evans can't get X or Y because the budget is spent.That's when the fun starts folks.
Scally you picked him now put your hand in your pocket and back him big time or face the consequences.

I saw an interview with Evans the other day where he said we still have enough left in the budget for another 3 players, so he's not spent it all yet.

My guess is that Scally was depending on the sale of Dack.When that did not happen like the Tories there is no plan B.Right now Scally is desperately searching for a investor with a million quid plus to give him in return for a seat on the board and no say in club affairs.
Any takers folks????

And I think your right chris. If this doesn’t work out within the next few months and we start winning games then the fireworks will start

Scally has given a hell of a lot of money to Evans this term - Evans is renowned for bringing in masses of players everywhere he goes and in some cases needlessly. Evans will always spend your money and always claim the budget is low - and of course it is is you have such a big squad. My question is do you really need two people for each position ? Especially when some players can cover each other. He will have to leave out his 18 man weekly squad at least 4 recruited players ??

What’s all that money been spent on Kettners?

We had, what, about 9 or 10 players “de-listed” (possibly on SE say so) and I think we’ve brought in about the same. I thought our current squad is still a few less than last season isn’t it? Especially if DJ moves or is loaned out and Rees finds another club.

So who out of all our “ins” is on massive money? I can’t think of any of them that would demand a huge wage. Maybe a little more than some of our “outs” but not much.

Evans has brought in players all of which are probably wanting more than anyone in Lovell's team.No one player has broken the bank.Eaves and Holy had no pedigree so were almost certainly on poor wages.As were most of that team.Zakuani,Fuller and Ehmer were probably higher earners and they are still there.Guys like O'Neil from Southend reserves would not have been earning much at all.We had a bargain basement X1 who performed as well as they were capable of. All this talk of buying a forward was depending on Dack.

If you say so.Scally over to you mate you got yourself in this mess now the fans want you to back Evans.

What mess Chris? It looks to me and presumably a lot of fans that he has backed Evans and we haven't seen Evans complaining. First you had it in for Evans now your turning on Scally.

My guess is that Scally was depending on the sale of Dack.When that did not happen like the Tories there is no plan B.Right now Scally is desperately searching for a investor with a million quid plus to give him in return for a seat on the board and no say in club affairs.
Any takers folks????
Surely even Scally would not rely on the sale of Dack to balance the books. At the time of ITV Digital, club directors were warned not to overspend on the back of something not tried and tested - it could have caused them to fall foul of statutory regulations concerning the conduct of directors. The same could apply in that case.

If you say so.Scally over to you mate you got yourself in this mess now the fans want you to back Evans.

Scally has/is backing him, what don’t you understand here?
Evans is after more players, he’s said the budget is there for them and that he’s lucky enough to be in the position where we don’t have to move anyone on to get them in.

What mess Chris? It looks to me and presumably a lot of fans that he has backed Evans and we haven't seen Evans complaining. First you had it in for Evans now your turning on Scally.
The day Scally appointed Evans there was no way he was going to satisfy the budget needs.Without a big money sale or a investor he has not had those. Look at where Evans has got his players.Man United,Watford ,Southampton and so on.While Lovell and Pennock were lucky to be able to bring in players from clubs at the same level or lower.Believe what you want Scally's gamble in affect he depended on drawing a Ace out of the pack.I have never doubted Evans ability.I don't like him.Scally meanwhile has dug himself a hole which I said he would on day one. You can only spend what you have .Scally will not spend his own cash.And I very much doubt that the crowd will suddenly rise by 15% plus. Let alone 30% to pay for extra spending and stay within the fair play rules.

No offence, Chris, but you do have a tendency to go off on one based purely on your own hypotheses, without any idea of how true they are. "Probably", "almost certainly", "my guess is", it's all just guesswork, but ultimately you've got no more idea than anyone else how much we've got to spend, and how close we are to having spent it.

As for the number of players in/out - our midfield was poor last season, everyone could see it. It needed overhauling. Evans has overhauled it. Whether the players he's brought in turn out to be better than the ones we already had remains to be seen, but Evans is doing something everyone agreed needed doing. Our defence was the 5th worst in the division last season based on goals conceded. A few changes there to try to strengthen doesn't seem unreasonable.

Holy and Eaves left of their own accord, nothing Evans could do about that, so they needed replacing too. But apart from them, are there really any others of the players that have left that people would have wanted to keep? The players worth keeping are still here - Ehmer, Fuller, Ogilvie, Charles Cook, Hanlan, List. Zakuani too, although it remains to be seen whether he'll be considered a regular starter. Byrne was OK last season, although I suspect there are better options available, but he'll be a handy player to have as backup.

I'm no fan of Evans, and what he's doing here might be the same as what he's done at other clubs with varying levels of success, but I do think it needed to be done here.