Budget | Page 3 | Vital Football

Budget

Jet wages were paid the the following season Scally said that in front of a room full of people.That is a example of how Scally is willing to gamble when it suits him.Net result is Pennock had a tiny budget.

To be fair, the prior season we had a strong finish and I would guess that Uncle Paul thought that squad had a decent chance of getting in the play offs with a few more additions.

Unfortunately it didn't work. I'd rather he had a punt and went for it rather than refused to back a manager we all deemed as a talent.

Patto never lost a match as manager so I am not sure how a 100% win record can be called a mess.Unless leaving without a statement to fans is somehow his fault.Like he was guilty of something.I can't see how he could be blamed for anything.Steve Lovell did the job he was asked to do which was keep us in league one.

Whoops, my bad Chris. I meant Pennock. And probably JED (RIP) 2nd season. Basically, any team not winning is a mess.

Hopefully we will be a winning team this year.

What’s all that money been spent on Kettners?

We had, what, about 9 or 10 players “de-listed” (possibly on SE say so) and I think we’ve brought in about the same. I thought our current squad is still a few less than last season isn’t it? Especially if DJ moves or is loaned out and Rees finds another club.

So who out of all our “ins” is on massive money? I can’t think of any of them that would demand a huge wage. Maybe a little more than some of our “outs” but not much.
DJ and Rees's pay would be peanuts compared to the wage of the players Evans has signed.

DJ and Rees's pay would be peanuts compared to the wage of the players Evans has signed.
How can you say that without qualifying your comment as one of personal opinion; it's pure speculation. I would imagine their earnings are lower given their age and experience but I'll keep that to myself.

How can you say that without qualifying your comment as one of personal opinion; it's pure speculation. I would imagine their earnings are lower given their age and experience but I'll keep that to myself.
OK in my personal opinion if we sell Rees and DJ for say 8 million each.Then save the millions we are paying them each year.We could bring in a top premier league striker. How does that sound Wayne?

Don't forget we have a real sponsor this season in MEMS - that will be real income.

Everyone keeps saying its the same numbers as last year. I find it hard to believe but I am prepared to believe it.

Don't forget we have a real sponsor this season in MEMS - that will be real income.

Everyone keeps saying its the same numbers as last year. I find it hard to believe but I am prepared to believe it.
Very good point, we had no club sponsor last year (at least not one that paid) and I haven't seen any figures on what MEMS are paying. I know nothing about this sort of thing but could it possibly be the sort if amount that could fund the extra we are allegedly paying in wages compared to last season?????
If so, I fail to see a problem

How does "financial fair play" operate in L1? Doesn't that have a part to play in what we can spend on transfers (lol) and wages and therefore the budget to which we must operate?

According to the club its the same numbers as last season.

We aren't paying any more to anyone - according to the club.

Very good point, we had no club sponsor last year (at least not one that paid) and I haven't seen any figures on what MEMS are paying. I know nothing about this sort of thing but could it possibly be the sort if amount that could fund the extra we are allegedly paying in wages compared to last season?????
If so, I fail to see a problem

The council let us have the training ground for free last year in exchange for having medway council or whatever it was on our shirts. A sort of reverse sponsorship.

It doesn’t matter whatever Evans does he will never win if you don’t like him , Chris will be on his back full stop, I know I’m new but have been reading this board for quite a while and before I joined I knew who the problem child was.