BT infinity | Vital Football

BT infinity

SKEGGY

Bringer Of The Seasons
Considering change from Talk Talk to BT infinity. Just deciding on which "package"

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25633&Infinity=yes&s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadband&vendorid=AJM&awc=3041_1375974523_ffd6b9ee81d09d574a616fba80f9f367

Anyone else got this?

How much quicker is the fibre optic broadband?

Adverts make it look like it will be as fast as shit off a shovel but my business broadband claimed similar and that is fairly slow!

Tried to find out from bt and talktalk when fibre optics will be available in my area. Neither could answer!

I'm having fibre optics installed shortly. That is all!

I've signed up for it earlier today and have also enjoyed the added benefit of BT Sports as well, not that enjoyable as it was mostly posh blokes talking about rugby

No mate the engineer has to come out to set it up or something. They were going to send he/she out on the 21st August but I'm away so coming 2/9/13. They activate BT sports immediately, through sky anyway. Have to pay an additional £6 for HD, which I haven't bothered with.

I'm able to get the infinity2 in this area. So it works out at £26 a month, £20 for first three first months. I've paid the line rental in advance for a year. Maybe some are cheaper but throw in the free channels which usually cost £12 a month it's not that unreasonable priced.

I am pleased to say as a full Virgin package customer we also get BBC sports thrown in. Just found it today activated and ready to use

ive had infinity 2 for 4 months now. Can't fault it. Used to get 0.8 meg download, now with fibre that's gone up to almost 40meg.

After a bit of sweet talking virgin have given me a second TiVo box, xl tv package, anytime calls and upped my broadband to 60meg for 40 quid a month for 12 months.

The same package I was offered by sky had their maximum broadband of 18 meg, and was actually 59 quid a month, although I told the bloke 49.

He may have been blogging it but he bloke told me the new bt broadband and sport thing had hidden costs, such as 15 quid charge for installation or something? He also said bham is a rare area that has sky, virgin and bt all available, so the best offers are to be had.

James06 - 16/8/2013 21:58

After a bit of sweet talking virgin have given me a second TiVo box, xl tv package, anytime calls and upped my broadband to 60meg for 40 quid a month for 12 months.

The same package I was offered by sky had their maximum broadband of 18 meg, and was actually 59 quid a month, although I told the bloke 49.

He may have been blogging it but he bloke told me the new bt broadband and sport thing had hidden costs, such as 15 quid charge for installation or something? He also said bham is a rare area that has sky, virgin and bt all available, so the best offers are to be had.

There were no hidden costs for me, I had a discount for 3 months and they threw in a £50 Sainsburys voucher too.

kefkat - 16/8/2013 21:21

I am pleased to say as a full Virgin package customer we also get BBC sports thrown in. Just found it today activated and ready to use

I know fantastic unexpected present to be given on Thursday night

AntonVilla - 18/8/2013 12:27

kefkat - 16/8/2013 21:21

I know fantastic unexpected present to be given on Thursday night

Glad to know other VV's are benefiting too :18:

Yes, I had to pay a £15 connection charge to get bt sports on my sky package. I nearly said forget it but I love the UFC so decided to just swallow the rip off charge.

I have discovered I have bt sports and espn as part of my virgin package. I dunno if this is a mistake or what but I'm not saying anything. Having rigged up my iPad to my dads sky package I've now got just about everything covered.

The Fear - 18/8/2013 17:42

Yes, I had to pay a £15 connection charge to get bt sports on my sky package. I nearly said forget it but I love the UFC so decided to just swallow the rip off charge.

Don't you have to pay a subscription every month for it as well?

Yes mate, £15 (as I had hd) ... I don't mind that, they give the option, you can take it or leave it. But why do they (all) have to rip you off not only taking your business but charging you to set that up?!

But I do love watching UFC and the Ultimate Fighter is back soon, so I'm willing to pay. Not costing any more than last year as last year I had to subscribe to ESPN to get the UFC. Never did it for the football as I think I pay enough sky wise!