Bruno to Pompey? | Vital Football

Bruno to Pompey?

I put this forward as a possibility a few weeks ago when someone started an 'Akinde to Portsmouth' thread. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this was a distinct possibility. Unless I've missed it they haven't yet replaced Jamal Lowe (who they sold to Wigan) and they have had a look at Brunopreviously, before he joined us.

It might explain why he hasn't started a league game this season and if he is out of contract at the end of this season and showing no sign of signing a new one then as one of our few saleable assets then we need to consider cashing him in (so to speak) before he has the option of walking away for nothing.

the list of clubs that have the significant money required for us to sell has shortened significantly since the first window closed. it is no wonder portsmouth are getting mentioned in the rumours.
ipswich
sunderland
doncaster (with marquis money)
peterborough?
any others...??

Bruno has already had a spell down there on trial for a week but obviously he didn`t cut the mustard.
From last night`s debacle with Coventry when they shipped 3 goals they need to shore up their defence first.

I would keep Bruno and play him wide left ,he has a really good understanding with Toffs and currently in wide positions we are delivering very little.(except Toffs)

Hitting the byline and getting in decent crosses was a weakness last night(zero corners for us in first half)

I have a theory DC will follow on from his comment when interviewed pre MK and we will land a winger..............................(much needed)
Our current starting line(wingers) with H and Jorge needs a freshen up and their movement off the ball into the box needs attention particularly when Little Jack has possession.

Last edited:
I would keep Bruno and play him wide left ,he has a really good understanding with Toffs and currently in wide positions we are delivering very little.(except Toffs)

Our current starting line(wingers) with H and Jorge needs a freshen up and their movement off the ball into the box needs attention particularly when Little Jack has possession.
Grant has 4 assists from 4 appearances. I wouldn't contemplate leaving him out on that basis.

Grant has 4 assists from 4 appearances. I wouldn't contemplate leaving him out on that basis.

I don`t doubt Jorge dead ball skill but over the 90 our wide players don`t currently deliver enough.(jg playing wide left)
DC`S dilemma, keeping a player on the pitch in a wide left position who takes your corners/freekicks but rarely hits the byline for quality crosses.(essentially he is a midfielder)
Jack payne`s game would be enhanced if 2 wingers were clever enough to make runs beyond the opposition back 4(without the ball)......movement in front of Jack is mainly only Walker.........being double marked on occasions.

Last night was a prime example that we lacked quality delivery in wide slots to stretch the opposition defence.(best option our left full back)
Walker`s game thrives on arriving into the box meeting crosses from wide positions(see his goals reel).
Early days yet i suppose with all these new lads coming in it will increase competition for shirts...............bring it on............plus the injured lads returning.....DC will having a full time job keeping everyone happy?

Don't know about Bruno to Portsmouth, but their fans are not happy with Raggett and he bore the brunt of criticism from a lot of them last night.

Don't know about Bruno to Portsmouth, but their fans are not happy with Raggett and he bore the brunt of criticism from a lot of them last night.
interesting,will have to speak to my Pompey mates who are season ticket holders to get the full lowdown.
Conceding 3 at home is not promotion form even if it is early in the season.
Raggs on a season long loan?..........only played 1 game.

interesting,will have to speak to my Pompey mates who are season ticket holders to get the full lowdown.

Indeed, Coventry we’re down to nine on the pitch when they equalised !

Here`s that link,.......Raggs not good at carrying the ball out of defence?
https://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=774146

That thread very quickly is asking questions about the manager who seems less than popular. The Raggett that was here would not have been out of his depth in L1, the Championship however was at the time a step to far and his confidence seems to have been destroyed somewhere between leaving City and arriving in Fratton.

Hi Devon
I've tried the link and it says it can't connect to the link.
Have to see if anyone else can connect to it.

Hi Devon
I've tried the link and it says it can't connect to the link.
Have to see if anyone else can connect to it.

yes tried to re link and it`s showing an sql query,possibly their server is down atm.
it won`t link off the net either................ok again it works.
Beyond Raggett they want the manager out as well it all getting interesting
try this if you have knocked off adblocker
their local rag.
kenny jackett under pressure/raggs not good enough?
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc

Last edited:
Raggett is already on loan at Portsmouth from Norwich City. Just seen the Portsmouth goals on the local news down here. Wouldn't say he was responsible for any conceded, but can't account for his performance, besides the goals.