Bruno injury | Vital Football

Bruno injury

Just stated Bruno Andrade will be out for between 8 and 12 weeks with hamstring tears!!

Ohh. Massive blow to us that.
A true quality player for us when he's on his game.
Only slight upside of that is that he won't be going anywhere now in January window

Hope he's able to come back and on top form for the Spring run in. We'll 100% need him!!

Only slight downside of that is that he is out of contract in the summer - January was our last chance to get good money for him. Unfortunately I can't see him staying for next season.
Agree with that. A huge blow both on the pitch and financially off it.

But looking on the brighter side having Bruno come back in February/March fit and raring to go will be like a new signing facing off against defenders who will have played on the heavy pitches in the previous months. Might be the difference between finishing 21st or a good deal higher

Agree with that. A huge blow both on the pitch and financially off it.

Personally I massively doubt he would have gone anywhere in January. The riches of free agency beckon. Massive blow on the pitch though - he was looking really sharp.

I think that about sums up our luck up this season.

We may have had the rub of the green for the last 3 seasons to certain extent but my word the only luck we are having this season so far is bad luck! We have only really played badly in 2 matches since Appleton got here namely Shrewsbury at home and Gillingham away but still we have had no luck with decisions, deflections, fluky saves, the fixture list etc etc etc. Surely it has to change at some point! I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Only slight downside of that is that he is out of contract in the summer - January was our last chance to get good money for him. Unfortunately I can't see him staying for next season.

Didn't know about his contract.
So yes not good news on that front either.

Totally agree. Another top player we lose on a free in the summer?
Have we actually lost that many 'top' players down the years on frees? McCombe and McAuley (one had a very small release clause so we got another year out of him but can't remember which).

We've generally traded very well over the last three or four years and sold a lot of players for more than we bought them for (I know frees will usually involve bigger signing on fees).

Have we actually lost that many 'top' players down the years on frees? McCombe and McAuley (one had a very small release clause so we got another year out of him but can't remember which).

We've generally traded very well over the last three or four years and sold a lot of players for more than we bought them for (I know frees will usually involve bigger signing on fees).

In the Keith years it was the norm because he was usually only able to offer 12 month contracts.

Under the Cowleys I'm struggling to think of any.

In the Keith years it was the norm because he was usually only able to offer 12 month contracts.

Under the Cowleys I'm struggling to think of any.
My memory was stretching back well before the Cowleys. McCauley sticking in the mind, for example. Agree, under the Cowleys we’ve pulled off some brilliant sale deals....Margetts, Green and dare I say Rheady.

8-12 weeks for Andrade is a huge blow, as he's one of the genuinely creative players we have in the squad now. Look at the Ipswich game, we lost all impetus once he went off.

Is this the opportunity to push toff further forward and play coker, or allow lewis o play further forward on the right.

It's about time Lewis started anyway. A talented lad like that needs to be given a proper chance before he becomes disenchanted and goes elsewhere.

My memory was stretching back well before the Cowleys. McCauley sticking in the mind, for example. Agree, under the Cowleys we’ve pulled off some brilliant sale deals....Margetts, Green and dare I say Rheady.

Didn't we also get some cash for Theo Robinson?

This sums up our season doesn’t it? Just injury after injury, players losing form and suspensions.
Appleton must have gone under a ladder or something.
Some people will be rubbing their hands with glee at, as their desperate for us to be relegated so they can say I told you so.
Losers

Is this the opportunity to push toff further forward

Not really. Toffolo is a left back, he's played a bit at centre back as a youth but in the main he is a defender with very little if any experience of playing further forward. Not as easy as you imagine to go and play in a different role when you are used to play in another. He would do it if asked and would probably do ok but at the moment we need to get a settled side as soon as possible.
Round pegs in round holes for me.