Brummagem Boys | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brummagem Boys

The Fear - 7/7/2014 17:50

I charge an agent fee for all my members who talk outside of Vital Football.

You'll have seen the terms and conditions as you signed up to them.

Saurat is signed up in blood, a lifetime member...

Saurat actually took a vow of silence when joining, only ever 'talks' on Vital... we hang on his every word. No, sorry, we laugh at his every word.

I suppose I can loosen the contract for just a day or so though.

Too right, I waste too much time on VV without spreading myself on other fan sites, I'd never get any work done. Actually I received an email from Carl Chinn the other day, he is writing a book on the real Peaky Blinders rather than the hogwash of the tv series. He wanted to know if it was ok with my family, seeing as we have a bit of 'history' in that area. It's fine with me, Carl can do no wrong in my book.

The gang culture in bimingham actually seems to have died down a little. the gangs we are geting now are the onew from europe (romanians). cant remember the last time i heard the news on about the burger bar and johnsons. You only have to go to late night clubs tho to see there are still forces out there. maybe there just getting better at not getting caught. b'ham can be a scary place at 5am.

The Fear - 21/6/2013 21:21

No one got hurt who didn't deserve it.

What over romanticised claptrap. Londoners look back to the good old days where gangs kept everything in check as well. They reign by terror, strength in numbers and intimidation.

Kemp looked shocked and scared when Karl Chinn started talking!!!
:1: :1: :1:
Absolutely spot on mate I got involved with the C Crew a few years ago and to be fair I never seen any of them boys do anything out of order but i bet they did somewhere along the line.We had our own crew of Black Country lads who in my view we were not hooligans but more than capable if things came on top and always up for it.But at Blackburn away in a cup match I watched one of my mates pinch a scarf off a young boy who was with his granddad it sickened me to the pit of my stomach it was disgusting so did this boy deserve it I think not.So I went over grabbed my mate round the neck got the scarf off him and ran down the road and give a crying probably 8 year old his scarf back.Now i'm not trying to justify anything i have done at Villa and England games because i have been guilty of football violence but I can honestly say that is a true story and just trying to put into perspective that not every hooligan had morals.

Hello....another question about Peaky Blinders! I'm writing a book about the various gangs - but it is the true version, as the TV serious was fictionalised. My e-mail is info@cleverwriting.co.uk. Is is possible to have a chat? Carl is helping with my book - perhaps he has another project on the go. He has given me plenty of helpful material. Kind regards, David Meikle.

Hello Saurat....another question about Peaky Blinders! I'm writing a book about the various gangs - but it is the true version, as the TV serious was fictionalised. My e-mail is info@cleverwriting.co.uk. Is is possible to have a chat? Carl is helping with my book - perhaps he has another project on the go. He has given me plenty of helpful material. Kind regards, David Meikle.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53830#ixzz36tl6O6aZ

Saurat - 7/7/2014 18:09

Carl can do no wrong in my book.

Oh Jesus. You aren't writing a book as well, how many bloody books are there!!!!? :17:

Agreed, quality bloke, quality family. I still miss Buck a great deal, he was a superb guy and top villa fan too!

What. I found quite concerning about Peaky Blinders was the lack of black people involved in the gang, albeit that whilst it was a programme I was interested in watching, missed the first couple then decided to catch it at another time. That said, the distinct lack of black people I speculate not to be a part of the gang being depicted in a programme I didn't actually watch leads me to believe the organised gangs of the post WW1 era were inherently racist, and that Billy Kimber and his descendants, (especially the ones pulling out the race card in debates where it is totally invalid) should be ashamed of the part they played in race relations and the subjugation of ethnic minorities throughout the decades. Historical thuggery is so fcuked !!!!!!