Brum with tunnels closed | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brum with tunnels closed

If it`s the M6 part of the journey that gets clogged up,get off the M5 at west brom,go past the albion ground,turn left down island road,all the way down to wellington rd,straight down and you`re at perry barr.
Once you`ve turned left at island rd it`s a straight run to Villa Park.

You could always go straight down the A441 from Redditch ( I call it the Pershore Road anyway ) into town past Moor Street station but it could be busy at that time of day.

Clubpaver - 23/8/2013 15:29

If it`s the M6 part of the journey that gets clogged up,get off the M5 at west brom,go past the albion ground,turn left down island road,all the way down to wellington rd,straight down and you`re at perry barr.
Once you`ve turned left at island rd it`s a straight run to Villa Park.

Thats the root i take on matchdays exactly as i drive past the baggies ground snarling and wishing i was bigger and tougher to shout ''your ground is a scaffholding masterpiece you vankers'' but i only say it with the windows closed in my dads car :17:

sirdennis - 23/8/2013 15:33

You could always go straight down the A441 from Redditch ( I call it the Pershore Road anyway ) into town past Moor Street station but it could be busy at that time of day.

I don`t know why he doesn`t just but a little property close to Villa Park.
He could call it his Villa villa.

Clubpaver - 23/8/2013 15:37

I don`t know why he doesn`t just but a little property close to Villa Park.
:34:

You could come in on the chuff chuff to New Street and then connect for Aston. That would give you a chance to mix with your public.
I used to get the bus from Stoney Lane. It cost me a shilling though, not the 3d that Jonah paid.

Daft as it sounds bbj, find it too tiring and walk from Aston station is very difficult.

Rev just textd Brum is gridlocked, so will certainly be going round!

Snarls up terribly when tunnels are closed mate.

i always tell kefkat and her husband to use witton station as not far from the north stand, way closer then aston station.

My legs won't walk those distances, not without a massive backlash and too much pain during the game plus have to walk around new street to get train, stand waiting etc.

witton is a lot better then aston, as i used to get fed up and very irritable due to pain in the queuing at the station, and to being fobbed off about the lift at aston station. lifts are always working at new street though.

Lol, best journey in I've had in ages.

Sooo clear in stirchly, then going down perspire road, all clear, even clear near cricket ground, so we thought feck it, lets chance our arm. Bristol Street very clear, got through no problem. Same coming home, took five mins more than usual.

Wednesday night might be a different matter.

ah good, pleased they are back open, getting to Newcastle game will be easier and have a VMF next Friday! lol

Fear, I always assumed you'd travel to Villa park via M42 and M6? Wouldnt that be easier and quicker than through town?

not really mate, did it once and got stuck on the M6 and it put me off! lol

Few mates have done similar and been delayed over the years whereas I always find I get through Brum no probs.

We don't have tunnels closed in York because we don't have them. Just flipin streets whilst the workmen do there jobs. It makes traveling in York a nightmare because of all the conservation orders, so things can't be improved for traveling.

Eh ho