Bruce Grobbelaar | Vital Football

Bruce Grobbelaar

89spartans_12/03/77

Vital Squad Member
Caught him on the news talking about hillsborough.
Never heard that, in Bruce’s opinion, the surge into the Lenin’s lane was sparked by peter Beardsley hitting the crosssbar. The crowd roared and he thinks the rush started because of that..
Poor souls

I was there that day. My brother knew Gary Crosby pretty well and managed to get some free tickets. Sitting just behind the dug outs we had absolutely no idea what was happening until they started using the ad boards as stretchers. Frightening stuff.

Caught him on the news talking about hillsborough.
Never heard that, in Bruce’s opinion, the surge into the Lenin’s lane was sparked by peter Beardsley hitting the crosssbar. The crowd roared and he thinks the rush started because of that..
Poor souls

Yes, I do recall that. The police opened the gates to anyone who wanted to get in just around that time and they swamped the Lemmings Lane end.

I was in the Forest end. That was the most crowded I've ever felt at a game, and that was the opposite end with no thought of any injuries of course. Likewise didn't really understand what was happening till the boards started being used

I remember listening to the radio coverage whilst sat in my brother in law's coal yard in Retford. Horrendous just listening. And mind racing creating images. Horrendous the lies afterwards too...

Awful stuff..