Browsers | Vital Football

Browsers

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
We've done this before but hey ho!

I love the Opera browser, however I can no longer stay logged in for front page comments on Vital Football (and yet I can for F1) ... I can see no logical reason but I need to be able to comment so might have to change browsers.

I already use Chrome for facebook/twitter my banking and some of the vital admin (one browser for Villa admin, another for the overall Vital admin you see)

I'm looking again at internet explorer (but do remember not getting on with it last time) and have just downloaded firefox to look at again.

firefox all day for me, only problem i have with it is some government sites wont recognise it and have to use internet explorer.

IE10 is a massive improvement over previous versions, and it's the only one that supports touchscreens properly. Overall though, Chrome is still the quickest and best out there.

I use Chrome at home and on my phone, and I use IE7 at work.

Got to admit I've never really gotten in to 'Browser Wars', I find it really bizzare.

As long as it's got an address bar that I can type a URL into then I'm happy.

The only difference I notice between Chrome and IE is that IE 'Favourites' seem easier to access than Chrome 'Bookmarks'.

it is a shame, as said, opera ticks all the boxes and is quick but we can't figure what is happening and why my login won't stick on the front page.

Downloaded firefox this morning, seems very slow to me, so that is going again!

Might use a mix of chrome and IE10 for now and then see if Opera resolves when they next update.

I have found many issues with Firefox, the browser itself is great but so many things need either updating or are uncompatiable i found anyway when using it,

Opera and IE is what i use, i find them super, and the Opera layout is fantastic how you can open the tab and have all your fave sites already loaded up in boxes and you can just click where you want to go and its fast

I use Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. I must say I find Chrome's utilisation of bookmarks very confusing and ruins an otherwise excellent user experience. Firefox I use to watch iplayer thanks to some great add-ons which disguise my foreign IP address :)

Safari is my general favourite, originally designed for the Mac I think it's now possible to install free on a PC.

I use chrome for at work, at home and on my phone. I use chrome because it syncs very well with my galaxy s3 in particular that "google cards" thing (anyone else use it?). Quite often if i gotta go somewhere I will look on google maps on my work computer to find out how long its going to take then I will get a notification on my phone with the journey. I use my phone as a sat nav so I click navigate to on my phone and away i go.

I generally get on quite well with Chrome anyway

ClivetheVillan - 28/5/2013 12:54

I have found many issues with Firefox, the browser itself is great but so many things need either updating or are uncompatiable i found anyway when using it,

Opera and IE is what i use, i find them super, and the Opera layout is fantastic how you can open the tab and have all your fave sites already loaded up in boxes and you can just click where you want to go and its fast

are you able to login on the front page and stay logged in to comment Clive?

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/

[img=http://www.flightline-support.co.uk/media/content%20pictures/Refueling-mini-bowser-2.gif]

This is my favourite....

Oh, you said Browser. My bad.

I primarily use Chrome and even use it for some work functions (although software employed by Airbus and Boeing don't really allow it, guess it's a bit too "open source" for their liking.

Just noticed an odd thing where the left hand side of the Forum (where usernames and some text is) seems to have gone missing (This in Chrome).

The Fear - 28/5/2013 14:05

ClivetheVillan - 28/5/2013 12:54

are you able to login on the front page and stay logged in to comment Clive?

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/

Yep Fear dude

how bizarre.

dude, can you check your version for me please?

just go to 'help' and 'about opera'

I couldnt get on with firefox either and Chrome is my preferred choice atm.

The Fear - 28/5/2013 17:23

how bizarre.

dude, can you check your version for me please?

just go to 'help' and 'about opera'

Version 12.15 Mr Fear,

I know its a different subject but no matter what browser i use im sick of re-downloading adobe flash player 11, ffs there aint a day go by and sometimes more than once a day maybe three times i have download it in one day on all browsers grrrrr

Damn, same as mine. Baffled at my logins, especially as this is a new computer, thought problem would have gone having changed from the old one!

So re-downloading it ain't worked hmm, it's gotta be in the settings of the browser somewhere my mini-scule pea brain tells me, i will have a look at my settings and see if i can notice anything selected on log-ins etc

Aye, if it was a site fault we would have others suffering from it.

Actually got a new computer now, so totally new opera etc downloaded. I imported bookmarks but that can't make any difference,

Strange that Fear dude, but these computers have a habit of testing us and giving us problems of the unexplained,

How ya bin anyway Mr Fear, ain't asked how ya bin for ages, rude of me had a million things going on moving into my council house which the previous occupents kindly smoked seems millions a day inside the bloody house had to gut the house re decorated thanks to dad, now doing the garden, and there is even some lovely six foot posts half way down the garden concreted in about 6 of the buggers lol

Hope ya bin alright our kid, have been meaning to ask