Browsers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Browsers

The Fear - 28/5/2013 11:13

We've done this before but hey ho!

I love the Opera browser, however I can no longer stay logged in for front page comments on Vital Football (and yet I can for F1) ... I can see no logical reason but I need to be able to comment so might have to change browsers.

Funny you should say that Mr. Fear I can't log into the front page at all, it saves my name and password but when i hit log in it just comes back to the page as if I'm just about to log in, I'm using firefox but getting the same on all browsers, I don't know what's going on and I'm pretty tech' minded on stuff like this.

strange washywashy. You 100% you are entering right name/password (cutting and pasting password often doesn't work)

Yeah mate wrote password down and typed it in about 4 times and still no good, I can live without posting on the front page, didn't really comment much there anywho.

I like chrome, although sometimes it seems to use up a lot of CPU. Internet explorer is horrible now im used to chrome, and its quite slow (although everythings slow on my crap laptop)

The only thing is that a few sites run best on internet explorer, but only a few. I had a problem buying some music downloads from sainsburys and it only worked on internet explorer.

Surely having too many web browsers slows down your computer because you'l have too many programs installed and they may be running in the background.

MrWashyWashy - 29/5/2013 16:48

Yeah mate wrote password down and typed it in about 4 times and still no good, I can live without posting on the front page, didn't really comment much there anywho.

Dude ya gotta start posting more like you used to man, whats a matter with ya? I miss us against the world on here telling fellow Villans Randy Lerner is no good for us :17:

Hope yam ok Green dude as i ain't getting used to calling ya this wishy bloody wash stuff ok yam Green dude to me :108:

Would be more than willing to change you back to green Villan, although it might now be green Villan 2

My issue was fixed by a fluke, went to astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk instead of www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk was able to post, went back to www. And that worked as well. So must have been some strange cookie conflict.

Arrr that was what was happaning dude, i was rattling my couple of brain cells and very limited computer thingey knowledge as to why it was doing that lol cheers i hate when something is naggling me,

Yeah Green Villan 2 sounds better than washy go for it Green, or how about ''Green Dude'' now thats a profile name ay ;)

Hey Fear nice one got the front page working again :D Yeah if you can take my name back to Green Villan that would be sound, although I am liking Green Dude as Clive says, I'll leave it up to you to decide lol

I tell you what, windows 8 is absolutely pathetic. SO full of glitches and conflicts it is embarrassing.

There is a big update (free... makes a change for them) coming this month. Hope it fixes the issues and apparently we'll get our start menu back!

The Fear - 3/6/2013 10:28

I tell you what, windows 8 is absolutely pathetic. SO full of glitches and conflicts it is embarrassing.

There is a big update (free... makes a change for them) coming this month. Hope it fixes the issues and apparently we'll get our start menu back!

That's funny. I've had it on 4 PCs since last October, when it was launched, and I haven't had one problem. I love it.

What's happening?

Used Windows 8 and knowing a bit about computers I have this to say about it, good concept but what a crappy crappy execution, typical Microshaft releasing buggy software with disregard for the end user because they want to make more money on top of the ludicrously massive amount they already have. I came across many errors and one error ended up with me not having permission to my video files even though I was the only user and am the administrator lol Windows Xp is the best newer than that Windows 7 the rest are shite.

MrWashyWashy - 4/6/2013 01:31

Used Windows 8 and knowing a bit about computers I have this to say about it, good concept but what a crappy crappy execution, typical Microshaft releasing buggy software with disregard for the end user because they want to make more money on top of the ludicrously massive amount they already have. I came across many errors and one error ended up with me not having permission to my video files even though I was the only user and am the administrator lol Windows Xp is the best newer than that Windows 7 the rest are shite.

Windows XP works fine but I guess Microsoft need to release a new operating system every 5 years or so to keep their profits up. 8 seems like a new system for the sake of it.

Yup, I can find my way around a computer very well. This system is pretty awful compared with previous ones and as said, so many silly conflicts.

I have an issue at the moment that means when I turn on the computer (unless I have switched off by the plug) it turns on without the display.

You can tamper with the power settings and it fixes it, but then it stops the computer recognising networks (so you can't get online)

I will, at some stage, ring acer support, but apparently it is a known issue, being known and being fixable are two different things! lol