Brown Sacked By Swindon | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brown Sacked By Swindon

Askey gone from Shrewsbury now, back to Macc?
Hurst back to Shrewsbury!?

It seemed strange that Macc hadn't appointed anyone since Yates left. Looks like they were just waiting for Askey to leave Shrews. Very few occasions that it works out on a return visit though . Murph briefly for us but on the whole not always the case

Also seems that Wellens, ex Oldham boss is going to Swindon. Not got a great win record at the moment

I would put money on that, were I allowed to be a betting man.
Not sure how I would feel about that if I supported Shrewsbury, if he turns them round and moves towards the top half again isn't he just going to accept the next championship or big league 1 offer that's made to him?

I would put money on that, were I allowed to be a betting man.

Grass is not always greener and all that, even though more £s may come your way. I think Hurst's failure at Ipswich will,hopefully, make higher division Clubs more wary of going for the Cowleys, well thats my theory !!

Not sure how I would feel about that if I supported Shrewsbury, if he turns them round and moves towards the top half again isn't he just going to accept the next championship or big league 1 offer that's made to him?
Could be a case of once bitten, I suppose. And how many Championship clubs would make a move for him, knowing he failed in the Championship?

It seemed strange that Macc hadn't appointed anyone since Yates left. Looks like they were just waiting for Askey to leave Shrews. Very few occasions that it works out on a return visit though . Murph briefly for us but on the whole not always the case
Didn't Whittaker get it until the end of the season?

Didn't Whittaker get it until the end of the season?
I think they have just been told to continue until further notice. Given their desperate league position and now knocked out of the cup by a non-league side, they would be fools to continue with that any longer.

*cough* Keith Alexander *cough*