Bromley | Vital Football

Bromley

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Looking forward to Sunday's game with some trepidation. Pools are a very good team and if things go right they are capable of beating anyone at the Vic. That is what I keep telling myself. Bromley have a the third best away record in the NL founded on a solid and resolute defence. I expect their game plan will be to park the bus and use their pacey forwards to hit us on the break, after all Liddle and Johnson are not the quickest. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes to extra time and even penalties.

Think that your analysis of how the match will play out is spot on Alf2.
If Pools manage to get the first goal, I believe, we'll go on to win the game. However, if Bromley score first I don't think Pools have the capability to break down a resolute defence.
Hoping, as always, for a Pools win but I don't think it will be straightforward.

Thanks for your reply as always OP. Cant argue with your opinion. I must admit the idea of Bromley scoring first is a nightmare scenario. Their keeper is excellent and their defence know how to stop us scoring. Anyway, I guess whatever happens the season as a whole can be considered a success considering where we were just prior to Christmas.

The day of the match dawns, D-Day appropriately?
My hope, other than for a Pools victory, is that we put up a decent, competitive performance and don't capitulate with a whimper.

Let's build on what has been a successful season!

Their plan will be exactly what you say, stifle any productivity, get in our faces, frustrate us and win 1-0.

As has been said, if they score first the ball will be out of play more than it is in play at 1-0 they will stop play as much as possible and see the game as being over.

Hectic first ten minutes then it will settle down, one goal will separate the sides and a sending off, all in a day’s work.
:red:

The day of the match dawns, D-Day appropriately?
My hope, other than for a Pools victory, is that we put up a decent, competitive performance and don't capitulate with a whimper.

Let's build on what has been a successful season!

I want to feel all keen and optimistic but I just feel nervous. I feel sick. Football eh?
I am just hoping we don't gift them a goal through a defensive howler we know can happen with this team. Fingers and legs crossed.

Personally, i couldn't bear to watch the game, but I'm mightily pleased to see that we are through to the next round of these playoffs.

A week to rest, recuperate and plan for Stockport.

Remember when Sunday afternoons meant a nap in the chair ? How times have changed. Well done to all at Pools . Almost there.

At half time I thought I was in heaven. Great win and on to the next round etc but I must admit that our defending is looking far from reliable and our keeper looks seriously nervous. I notice the Stockport manager was at the Vic today so I imagine they will be practicing set pieces with particular reference to long throws all week. Anyway like Poolies the world over I will enjoy the next few days. Well done to Dave and the lads.