Bromley | Vital Football

Bromley

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Tough game on 4G pitch with very little rest from Saturday. Bromley had no game so will be rested. This is another must win game if we are to keep the pressure on the teams around us so I will be biting my nails all afternoon. Can we keep Michael Cheek quiet? How will the defence be without Lewis Cass? We are sixteen games unbeaten so we are due a crash. It is tough being a Poolie but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Very disappointing result today though I guess it was on the cards as 16 games unbeaten had to end some time. In many ways this result sums up our season: Excellent at home but just not quite good enough away. After all its not just today is it? I mean losing at Weymouth nearly losing at Kings Lyn, drawing 0-0 with Barnet who were in free fall at the time. Dunno what you think but a fourth place finish is the most likely outcome to this season as Stockport and Torquay beat all comers home and away and although Sutton are a tad wobbly they have some easy games in the run up. If we can pick up another six points from the remaining games no one else can deprive us of 4th. I must say I am beyond gutted because after Chesterfield I really thought we might challenge for the title but Torquay's easy win against the Spireites puts our win into perspective. We cant win this league but can we get out of it? Gutted.

Shame to lose our unbeaten run, but these things happen - usually to Pools at the least opportune time. DC will have to get them going again ahead of Saturday's match.
Looking increasingly likely that we'll finish fourth or 5th, with Stockport (they have mainly home games against weak opposition left) going on to clinch the title. How the playoffs pan out will, as always, be down to happenstance on the day!

I we can win two out of our 4 remaining games I dont think anyone else can catch us for 4th place. As for the Champions my guess it is either Torquay or Stockport. I guess the title hopes were a long shot but I dared to dream: not a wise thing to do for an experienced Pools fan.

I think 4 points from our remaining games, probably the home games, should suffice to have Pools finish 4th. We'll then at least have a home match in the playoff quarter finals.

The key to achieving this, IMO, will be the availability of our best defenders in Liddle, Cass and Odisinia - I'm afraid Johnson won't be available again this season - coupled with a bit more sharpness in front of goal by our forwards and midfielders.
The idea of going to Sutton in the semifinals to play on their plastic pitch fills me with dread!

Liddle out next game because of today's sending off but I got the impression DC thought Johnson might be ready by Saturday, also Lewis Cass should be Ok. Not all that keen on Odisina and prefer Johnson if fit. I know what you mean about Sutton. Our league fixture down there will be very interesting.

Plastic pitches shouldn't be allowed in any competition, unless 5-aside.
Definitely gives an advantage as the run and bounce of the ball is unnatural.