Brizzle & Stuff | Vital Football

Brizzle & Stuff

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Firstly where is everyone? As always there is loads to talk about at BFC, we are lucky to have this place to chat sh*t, so come on we can do better.

Close to a 12K+ sell out on Sat, very handy after a testing season, should be a decent and close game I reckon, maybe 2-2, would love a cheeky win though. Time to relax and really enjoy going to GP and the remaining aways again.

Been really impressed by the support given to AJ from everyone associated with BFC. MB, DS and many of the players have been in to see him, not to mention the massive wave of affection sent his way from Bees fans around the world. Whatever happens he must truly know what a special club he has represented with such distinction. I hope that helps him with his recovery.

So I've just renewed my ST, although it is a stretch I figured the club could use the money early and the more that do the better it is for our finances. So that's this moany duffer all paid up for another ride on the rollercoaster. Got to give credit to Mr Devlin and the lot in the ticket office, that side of BFC really runs well these days - thanks to them all, it is appreciated.

Finally who do we want to go up and down from the Prem, and to come up from L1, both questions are quite important? Starting up in August my 1st hope is that there are 3 incompetently run/managed sides in the division. Just to level the field a bit for the rest of us. We've been blessed with a few this time around.

I'm hoping for Newcastle and Sunderland to join Villa, with Burton, Walsall and Millwall to come up. Wigan are probably nailed on to be fair.

Firstly I'm in California, secondly I’m delighted about the response to AJ, makes me proud to be a Bee. Keep on duffering.

Not surprised in the least at the support he's getting. He's always worn his heart on his sleeve when playing for us and rarely, if at all, let us down. He is the main reason we've stayed up this year, at times it was a one man show, and he loves the club and it's fans. Not going over the top to say he is one of the best players I have seen in the red and white stripes.
I'm working some weird times and getting back late, so been a bit quiet.
Come down? Sunderland for sure, not been there, might even hope they get us around October when I may be able to get back. Newcastle just to shut the myth of "best supporters in the world" when we will again see empty seats at St James' Park as they struggle to find their feet in the second tier.
Want Franchise to leave us, and Fulham to stay up. Be nice to see Millwall back up, a great old club and not too far to go.

Sunderland and Newcastle to join Villa as it gives me two excuses to revisit the N.E and reminisce about my student days. Up from our league, Burnley, Middlesborough and Derby. Down, Charlton and franchise to join (sadly) Bolton. Up from L1, looks like Wigan and I will go for Millwall and Walsall.
12 picks - 2 already decided- so 10 predictions. Over to you.

I've been to Sunderland, Mr CB, Jan 1967, FA Cup. The Bees went in 2-1 up at half time, after John Docherty had scored directly from a free kick. It appeared to have gone half way around the ground and their wall before hitting the back of the net.
But the Sunderland supporter that had started a monologue - very amusing at times - even before the kick off, had at one point reckoned that they could take 11 foreign gentlemen, from a boat coming up the river, carrying curved fruit from some where a long way off, and they would perform better. Well the 11 gentlemen, no subs in those days, duly turned out after half time and scored 4!
Managed to crash the hire car on the way back to Edinburgh in the dark and wet, just hitting the parapet of the bridge over a deep gorge in the countryside at a road junction named Cemetery Road - almost!

Blimey that's a tale gunner bee....some away day that was.

Hope you're having fun over in CA Spanish whereabouts mate?

I'll be part of the 12k congregation at GP, we will try to do all you exiled bees proud.

Should have won it. 18 shots on goal says it all. Still always good to get a last minute goal to snatch a draw although it would have been a travesty not to get even a point. Some good stuff played by us against a strong and rather cynical BC. Good to see Hogan get a goal, I think he was quite emotional.

Thanks Rebel we are all there in spirit. I'm in San Francisco so will miss my annual visit to the Ealing Road. Out here, the game is over by nine o’clock in the morning and the way we are playing at the moment it sets me up nicely for the day.

Agree with Kent bee, a good game to watch & as well as we have played at GP in a long time. A draw was the minimum we deserved, although city look a different side under Johnson, and having chucked a few bob at Tomlin, Odemwingie & co. On reflection it's a good thing that we didn't need to do this.

Our problems are still there for all to see, we need to be a bit more solid as a defensive unit if we are going to miss so many chances, that's the crux of it for me tbh. Nevertheless everyone put in a good shift & at times I thought Canos was very good.

No Saturday home wins in 2016, let's put that right in 2 weeks.

Enjoy SF Spanish, a great city. Go see the Giants if you get a chance, a brilliant setting to watch a baseball game.

I hope my trip up there goes better than yours did, Gunner. Bloody hell! That's if we play them at the right time of course. Probably be a Tuesday night in March.

Thought first half in particular was good yesterday, squandered far too many chances. Brizzle were a better side than under Cotterill but were still whinging and in the ref's face all the time, moaning about this that and the other. Felt they had a point with the penalty though, looked a bit soft to me.
I'm going out on a limb here, but I am increasingly bemused by Woods. Runs about a lot, and makes lots of tackles and gets involved but I can't see him as good as everyone else seems to. Concedes possession too often, too many silly fouls and some of his passes are awful. I heard he was the Ginger Pirlo. Really? Maybe he was built up too much and I expected more, but so far, I've been pretty disappointed.
Really rating Barbet defensively though. Some of his passing is a bit waywards, but he made two excellent sliding tackles in the penalty area yesterday, one he even got up and ran off with the ball.

We deserved a point at least, as Rebel said. But I hope we see Hogan fit enough to start or at least get a longer run. I feel more confident of us scoring with a proper striker like him out there.

Good game and tough being down at half time. Spent a nice hour in the Horse guardsman before game too

I've needed to concentrate on work recently and that means shutting down email and the internet - I'm easily distracted!

As you know the 12k crowd is based on all season tickets sold counting towards the total. Many of those don't attend every week and standing in Ealing Road seems to give the best indication of how many have turned up. The game against QPR earlier this season was rammed, this Saturday wasn't. When you look at the seated areas they look pretty packed [a few spaces in the paddock]. I know a lot of people bought STs for their kids and some haven't turned up all season!

Billy has been talking to the rozzers pre-Fulham and they said actual attendances are often 1,000-1,500 down on the advertised crowd. He said there were barely 6,000 at the Rotherham game. I guess this is a natural phenomenon but cheap-ish kiddy STs have an effect - especially on midweek games.

Good game on Saturday though. Thoroughly enjoyed it without the nerves. A couple of things have conspired to make the improvement in performances. The main one for me is Maxime Colin - terrific player. The other one is Macca in the middle and Woods out wide [pretty much what Carsley did]. Barbet's sliding tackles are exciting but make me nervous! It went wrong at Wednesday and a clever striker will milk it.

Better get back to work!

You can see that Woods isn't happy playing out wide, he's having to do a job for the side which has helped the team.

Why would we talk to the OB - can't take anything they say seriously anymore sadly? All clubs count the ST's whether they go or not, fair point but it was very busy Saturday and i'd be very surprised if there were only 6k in at the Rovrum game. One thing you wont know from the Ealing Road is that a large section of paddock support spend the whole 2nd half in the club. Hence the empty seats. Not my thing but a lot do it.

Yes there is a lot stay in club which is weird.
Woods must play in midde. To me wide meanx winger anx he us nit thatl

It always bemuses me how the crowd thins out a bit after half time, especially in the ER. I guess like the Paddockites they can be found in the bar or somewhere else.

Such an accurate and fair report from the visiting press that I had to post a link, not often you can say this and it is good to see...

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/O-Donnell-s-resistance-eventually-overcome-Bees/story-29126953-detail/story.html?

There are loads in the club during the 2nd halves, more so this season.

Hi Rebel, had pencilled in the A's because of Moneyball, but have been advised Giants is the place to go by you and others, will definitely do it. Another grandson was born this morning and while his parents have been away in hospital I have been showing his sister Judgey's best moments and other videos, all the while shouting come on you Bees! She isn't two yet and both her parents are Barcelona fans, so I guess I am on a loser but it was fun trying.

Dunno Spanish mate, the way Barca are playing you might have a shot. Apologies for being a bit Alan Whicker, but do try to get to the Giants, I've been a few times. Other SF area highlights of mine, Alcatraz, a walk along chestnut St, cross the GG bridge into Marin & chill in Sausalito or Tiburon. Oh and a burger at the fog city diner if it's still going. Jack London square in Oakland was surprisingly nice too.

Congrats on the new addition too.