Brizzle & Leeds | Vital Football

Brizzle & Leeds

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Great day to be a Brentford supporter on Sat, GP looking great, decent crowd, glimpses of LR taking shape, Judgey's new deal - 3 points and as good a 1st half as I've seen in a long time. When sides sit off we are a different proposition to those that can really press (Hudds & Wolves). We stepped off it 2nd half & would've given better sides a sniff, but all in all a very good day. Woods bossed the game & all the midfield boys were knocking it around them nicely. Looks like we took a few knocks & Leeds will be more than up for it tomorrow, interested to see how we'll do now that the pressure is off & safety assured. Things are dropping into place now, the squad has quality & potential, the DoF's seem to be on top of things. Only question in my mind now is how far DS can take us, certain he's a safe pair of hands but wonder if he can go further when he has all the tools. We're about to find out assuming no major departures & a few good signings in the summer. Be there tomorrow people, never dull at the bees!

First half we looked class. First fifteen of second we carried on where we left off. Then came the nonsensical on the hour substitutions. Game was certainly not won but two of our better players came off and he who should never start was left on til the last. We dropped off after first sub was made then even moreso after second one. WHY? Maybe Colin was injured - can be no other reason. They came close to creeping back into it a couple of times second half.
Thought at one point we'd be worth three or four. Need a striker who hits more than one in ten (that would be a good title for a song!).

PS Who the F&&& is voting KK MOM??????? HIS MUM????? A few good passes balanced by a few bad ones and nothing else does not merit MOM or even a good game. Just average.

Really impressive last night against a strong Leeds. We blew them away with a first half performance that was premiership in class. Canos, Sawyers and Jota were unstoppable and after the first goal you could see their players were struggling.

Second half was more even and we were less fluid but Green still kept them in the game.

Bizarre season this, we look relegation fodder for some periods then Champions elect for others.

Kentbee, I think it is because we are a young team and this usually leads to inconsistency. It's something that MB has commented on.

You may be right about the age of our team but I wonder if it also the way we play and how the opposition set out to beat us.

If teams allow us to play our expansive style then we have a better chance than those that set out to stop us play, interesting that both Bristol and Leeds came to try and win the match ( as they needed to for different reasons) whereas teams that look to more contain us (like Wolves) give us a harder time .

Spot on, Kent.

Brilliant first half performance and we made them look poor as opposed to second half where we just made them look average. Dean, Barbet is a great pairing, Sawyers, Woods, Jota and Sergi were brilliant too.

Insanely good last night, agree with all above. Harlee & Woods have been brilliant last 2 games, Harlee being my POTS. When sides step off us & let us play we look so good, beating the high pressing niggly teams is our Achilles heel still.

Credit to DS too, had my doubts but he's looking more than a safe pair now

You have to be there to really see it, so I don't normally comment on the game, but that first goal against Leeds was sheer perfection. I've watched it over and over. Sawyers cut out the cross to begin with and then went to the touchline for Jota's pass. He then played a difficult pass up the middle to Vibe for his great lay off to Jota, the pace of Jota's pass to Canos was perfect and beat three men, Canos steps inside and the final shot from Sawyers was terrific technique. As I said, sheer perfection.

Sean put this little thing together, the goal from three angles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZqI5kaF7bY

PS you don't have to be there to really see it, Spanish ;)