Brizzle highlights | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brizzle highlights

The referee had a shocker yesterday. No way was there's a penalty. Even the rovers fans say they were lucky with that decision. The sky sports report says A scrappy game was decided by Jonson Clarke-Harris' 66th-minute penalty midway through the second half, given after Neal Eardley was adjudged to have fouled Tom Nichols. Even they hust say adjudged.
On our penalty claim, i'm afraid to say the ref got that one right. The new hanball rules are it is handball if the arm is in an unnatural position. If a player is falling down and the ball hits his arm with his arm between his body and the floor then it is not a penalty.

Unnatural position of the arm is only to "help" judge deliberate. Your arm won't be in an unnatural position if you are deliberately trying to handball the ball by diving to the ground to block it.

Its still a clear penalty...
Unless the laws is supposed to be interpreted.
It hit his arm, he deliberately did it.
His arm was in a natural position.
No Penalty.

Unnatural position of the arm is only to "help" judge deliberate. Your arm won't be in an unnatural position if you are deliberately trying to handball the ball by diving to the ground to block it.

Its still a clear penalty...
Unless the laws is supposed to be interpreted.
It hit his arm, he deliberately did it.
His arm was in a natural position.
No Penalty.

The new rule is handball in the box = penalty, natural position or not.

Unbelievable penalty decisions, have we upset that tosser in the past ? Will there be any sanction for him - course not. It's almost as if he had money on Bristol winning.

Mostly been a poor ref when I have seen him officiating against us and we seem to be on the wrong end of a lot of the 50/50 decisions.

On their handball, I have to say I had to watch it a few times to discern whether the ball hit arm or shoulder. It probably was arm but I think it would have been difficult to tell in real time for the ref. I know I'm going to be in a minority camp for that one.

Their penalty, though, was a joke. The forward just ran into Eardley , who hadn't even decided if he was going to make a challenge or not.

On their handball, I have to say I had to watch it a few times to discern whether the ball hit arm or shoulder. It probably was arm but I think it would have been difficult to tell in real time for the ref. I know I'm going to be in a minority camp for that one.

Their penalty, though, was a joke. The forward just ran into Eardley , who hadn't even decided if he was going to make a challenge or not.

Yep and Carl just couldn’t wait to point to the spot.

I agree. The new handball rule is less than clear about the situation where a player is falling over. No doubt the ref was confused so erred on the side of no penalty. Didn’t take much to confuse that clown though who continued to make clearly wrong decisions all game. The worrying thing is though the vast majority of those wrong decisions were against Lincoln, culminating in the 100% wrong penalty award to Bristol Rovers. The evidence points very strongly to bias, unconscious or otherwise.

From the other end log the CoOp I had clear but distant views and really wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, but oh dear me...

I was the other end of the Co-op. perfect view to see the ball travel slightly to the left, both player going directly away from us until...........KERCHING........their player jumps into Eardley and the dodgy ref immediately blows up.

If we had VAR there that ref would have been demoted to the Essex league or even further down.......or asked to retire.

Ref at my lad's U14 game today was better than that.........much, much better. And he was older to boot.

The referee had a shocker yesterday. No way was there's a penalty. Even the rovers fans say they were lucky with that decision. The sky sports report says A scrappy game was decided by Jonson Clarke-Harris' 66th-minute penalty midway through the second half, given after Neal Eardley was adjudged to have fouled Tom Nichols. Even they hust say adjudged.
On our penalty claim, i'm afraid to say the ref got that one right. The new hanball rules are it is handball if the arm is in an unnatural position. If a player is falling down and the ball hits his arm with his arm between his body and the floor then it is not a penalty.

York semi final it was!!!!

What does the new law say about defenders saving shots on goal with their arms?

Law 69 subsection 42:
An outfield player may assume the role of Goal-Keeper if they shout out loud and clear "I'M THE KEEPER!".
Hi hti
But it was rescinded with an appropriate law stateing the outfield player shouting
"I'M THE KEEPER!" must be inside the confines of the two upright white posts of the goal.
Otherwise a penalty with be awarded to the opposing team.
Law 69 (b) subsection 42 (b):

Hi hti
But it was rescinded with an appropriate law stateing the outfield player shouting
"I'M THE KEEPER!" must be inside the confines of the two upright white posts of the goal.
Otherwise a penalty with be awarded to the opposing team.
Law 69 (b) subsection 42 (b):
But this can be over-ruled with Law 69 (C3PO) subsection 42 (R2D2):
If the player's Big Brother is in attendance and he say's "If our kid says he's the Keeper then he's the Keeper, and if you don't like it you'll get a knuckle sandwich!".