BRITISH Wrestling legend Mick McManus has passed away at the age of 93. | Vital Football

BRITISH Wrestling legend Mick McManus has passed away at the age of 93.

Thomas Holte

Vital Football Legend
BRITISH Wrestling legend Mick McManus has passed away at the age of 93.

One of the biggest names in the history of the business, and long-term star of ITV’s World of Sport, McManus truly was the man who fans loved to hate.

Frank Rimer, who runs the British Wrestlers Reunion, said: “I am deeply saddened to announce the death of the legend that was Mick McManus, who passed away at 1am this morning.

“Mick never recovered from the loss of his beloved wife Barbara and lost the will the live, despite the loving care of the nurses at the celebrity home for retired actors Brishing House where he lived out his final days.

“Even the arrival of his old friend Lord Richard Attenborough recently, failed to lift his spirits, refusing all food and drink until he quietly slipped into a coma three days ago.

“Mick was without doubt, through his own efforts, the greatest wrestling name that the UK has ever seen or will see again, and even 25 years after his retirement, he retained his aura of stardom until the end. He was 93.”

Article continues... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4937937/Mick-McManus-dies-aged-93.html

As a kid growing up in Aston, I always remember my Nan screaming at the TV as she watched the wrestling on ITV!....Happy days.

R.I.P MICK.

You and me both Thomas. My Nan was exactly the same in Shard End. Saturday afternoons WAS Wrestling for her. The biggest thrill she got was when I took her to see Mick and his tag team partner Steve Logan at Solihull Civic Hall at a wrestling night.... she loved every second of it. Took her a few times after that.

Mick will always be the one to hate, but I bet he was a really nice guy under that facade.

RIP Mick, I'm sure you'll never be forgot by the likes of my generation.

What a legend, a part of my childhood Saturdays, RIP back with the wife.