British jails | Vital Football

British jails

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Now I know some of you can answer this question, so....

Since when were prisoners allowed mobile phones in the clink even when awaiting trial?
My missus was watching Corrie the other night and some drug dealer called Harvey was phoning Sharon and giving her instructions on how to do a deed! Ridiculous! Or is it artistic licence on behalf of TV? Please don't tell me that's allowed now...

After watching the new prison drama, Time, I think it is time we started exporting our criminals for forced labour as part of the Australia trade deal

Now I know some of you can answer this question, so....

Since when were prisoners allowed mobile phones in the clink even when awaiting trial?
My missus was watching Corrie the other night and some drug dealer called Harvey was phoning Sharon and giving her instructions on how to do a deed! Ridiculous! Or is it artistic licence on behalf of TV? Please don't tell me that's allowed now...
Wouldn't happen under prem's watch!

In most Open Prisons wife’s husbands can use the facilities and have an overnight stay……
They also get sky subscriptions, unlimited wi fi free mini bars in their cells takeaways from Michelin starred restaurants, 6 weeks luxury holidays abroad, free massages and , of course, firearms training to enhance their future careers.

They also get sky subscriptions, unlimited wi fi free mini bars in their cells takeaways from Michelin starred restaurants, 6 weeks luxury holidays abroad, free massages and , of course, firearms training to enhance their future careers.
Not a joking matter Bear those that are not citizens of the U.K. should be deposited if they have Brocken criminal law……

11 percent of our prison population are foreign nationals. Of these 43 percent are EU citizensvand 57 percent non EU.:tophat:

11 percent of our prison population are foreign nationals. Of these 43 percent are EU citizensvand 57 percent non EU.:tophat:
Yes but how many came via France and should be in French jails…We have enough miscreants of our own without the imports ,,,,

Well I have been a visitor to Lincoln Prison (Category B Remand Prison, but some longer term prisoners as well) quite a few times over the years. I wouldn't recommend the environment to anyone.

It’s not a place you recommend rather a place you make sure you never get sent….To some of course it is like a cap badge that you wear with honour.
Used to meet a lot that had just been released from Kirkham Open which they highly recommended and said they would be back….

It’s not a place you recommend rather a place you make sure you never get sent….To some of course it is like a cap badge that you wear with honour.
Used to meet a lot that had just been released from Kirkham Open which they highly recommended and said they would be back….

Well what I saw when visiting Lincoln Prison was prisoners confined to cells most of the time. They had a limited amount of recreation and exercise time, limited visiting time, specified meal times and some training time, prior to release. Most cells did have a terrestial TV and no mobile phones were allowed. Even when not confined to cells prisiners were confined to their floor / wing and there were locked gates or doors every 20 yards. Privileges were rapidly withdrawn if unauthorised items were found or for unaccetable behaviour or breaking the rules. There was no overnight accommodation for visiting family and there were strict procedures to minimise the risk of visitors smuggling phones or anything else in.
There was a sex offenders wing and all those prisoners were liable to attack if released into the general prison population. There was also a special couple of cells for those prisoners who had been violent. A wooden bench rather than a proper bed, a secure toilet, and hospital type smock rather than proper clothes and 24 hour cctv surveillance. There was also a small hospital wing and 2 of the people in there were terminally ill who would die in prison. So, the prisoners were all in there for deserved or legitimate reasons but it was not a cushy number and it was a very intimidating place and not a place recommended to go into. I was aware that 4 prisoners had committed suicide over the years I visited and that has been a regular feature across the prison system.
Indeed, the reason I was there was to work with the Governor to help rehabilitate prisoners so they didn't reoffend and to work with youth offenders to discourage them from ending up in the prison system.

I note at Folsom Prison they have Marksmen on the walls and they have been known to use their rifles…Passed it not been in thank god did meet one of the wardens.

Disappointed to hear from Prem that prisons are so cushy. I would like a harsher regime for any cabinet ministers that might find themselves jailed for corruption