Britain Is Safer Than It Has Been For 30 Years | Page 2 | Vital Football

Britain Is Safer Than It Has Been For 30 Years

sirdennis - 25/4/2013 16:22

steff_the_villan - 25/4/2013 16:07

Indeed! Figures can be easily manipulated, mind you, if they told me the sky was blue I would feel the need to check

:

Without being picky, the sky isn't blue. The suns rays are actually white, however, and someone a lot cleverer than me can tell you this, it is something to do with the Ozone layer filtering the red and blue particles in a different way that makes the sky "appear" blue.

I thank you :14:

Pride of Lions - 24/5/2013 14:19

Is Heartbeat still on the TV in the UK?.........Lol

Oh you can still get it if you look hard enough pride.

Usuaully on 'yesterday' 'dave ja vu' or such like.

If the instances of Gov sponsored daylight robbery were included the figures would be much different.

Is it safer, or are just standards lower and we now accept as the norm things we would call the police about 30 years ago.

holtelower - 25/5/2013 02:18

Is it safer, or are just standards lower and we now accept as the norm things we would call the police about 30 years ago.

I think part of it is that crimes hit the news much faster with Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Mrs Butter gets all upset every time one of her friends posts something on Facebook about a crime which happened in Kuala Lumpur. Whether those crimes were actually committed can be hard to verify but the fear they inspire is the same.

Looking at all the Saville stuff, it's all stuff which happened years ago and nobody said anything.

I've just been reading about Cultivation Theory. It's very interesting.

Cultivation theory is a social theory which examines the long-term effects of television. "The primary proposition of cultivation theory states that the more time people spend "living" in the television world, the more likely they are to believe social reality portrayed on television." Cultivation leaves people with a misperception of what is true in our world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultivation_theory