Bristol Rovers | Vital Football

Bristol Rovers

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
The first of consecutive away matches against opposition in close proximity to Pools league position. A draw would, in this instance, be an acceptable outcome. Pools though are notoriously hard to predict, so any outcome is possible.

It will be interesting to see what involvement the recent squad additions have, and also the involvement of those fringe players whose contracts are being discussed.

Carver got to start even if he doesn't manage a full 90. I suspect Lee wont change the defence so young Hull on the bench. Midfield probs Holohan, Feaths and either Crawford or Matt Daly. As for predictions really tough to call. I suspect a Rovers win but as you so rightly say any outcome is perfectly possible. Rovers have signed Ryan Loft from Scunthorpe. He looked pretty useful against us a couple of weeks ago and with the right service could do some damage.

Damn, another poor away result. Initial reports suggest Pools were the better team but were undone by their inability to score - again!

More concerning is Sterry being sent off, again.

Getting a point, at least, against Carlisle on Tuesday is now crucial. IMO

We had the majority of possession but couldnt score then Killip stays glued to his line and Rovers grab a soft goal and an undeserved three points. A real sickener. I have said this before and I'll say it again: we are not quite good enough. Can we stay in League Two is the question. Nine points between us and Scunthorpe in second bottom.

Disappointing on Saturday. But if there are 9 points between us and Scunthorpe at the bottom, there are also 9 points between us and Exeter who are 8th. There are also fewer than 9 points between Scunthorpe and some other teams. Not sure what conclusions can be drawn from any of this. Maybe it is that up to half the teams in the League aren't good enough to he there. However, fortunes change throughout the year and the season is yet young.

I see your point Grabeca, a few decent results could easily see Pools climb the table to relative security which would be more than satisfactory for the first season back in the EFL.
However, to achieve this Pools must improve their away form and start to score from the multitude of corners they seem to win, IMO of course.

Yes, no-one could deny we need a few goals, OP. The good news is, so do many of our league-neighbours :)

It's all relative, isn't it?